Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Stampin' Up!- 'Acorny Thank You'

Look at these acorns!  What a fun fall card this is!  

This card was one from my September monthly card classes!  I love it when there is a punch that goes with a stamp set!  If you look closely at the Delightful Dijon Acorn, I did the faux suede technique on it.  

How do you do that? 
  • I punch out the acorn.
  • I wadded it up into a ball like I was throwing it away....the more you wad it the better.
  • I then opened it up & smoothed it all out.  It works best if you use a bone folder to do this or your finger nail.
  • The more you stress the card stock, the better it is.  You are just trying to break the fibers down.
  • Then I find a spot along the edge of the cardstock acorn that I've stressed & I carefully pull it apart- making 2 acorns.  The inside of this stressed card stock is rough & gives you a faux suede feel & look. 
stamp set:  'Acorny Thank You'
card stock:  Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
designer paper: Maraccan Designer Paper (12x12)
ink:  Early Espresso
other:  Classic Label Punch, Acorn Builder Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
++++++
Last night when the boys all went home Deke & I worked in the yard again until about 9 & then came in for a late supper.  I then worked on bookwork until about midnight.

This morning Deke is off early to chore & head to the office for a meeting.  I'm off to go pick up the boys.  We'll take the twins to school & then the other boys & I will head out home for the day.  We have tons more to get done in the yard....we'll see if I can get anything done while they play.  

Tonight we will hopefully get to go to Brayden's football game (depending on what time the semi gets here).  And then head home to spend the night outside on the farm with the piggies, as tonight is my farmer night!  

I hope I have some energy when I get in tonight from the farm, as I need to cut card stock!  This weekend I'm having my 2 Halloween Treats classes & I have alot I need to get done for them!  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment