Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A beautiful butterfly card!

Here is another beautiful butterfly card!  This one was created by my friend & downline Dawn Klein.  She is a very talented stamper & I love her vintage style.  We have a great time together traveling to Stampin' Up! Conventions & Leaderships events.  I so treasure her friendship.  This is the card that she sent to me for my birthday.  I love it!

She stamped the little butterfly in the middle onto vellum card stock & then cut it out with the framelits.  If you look close she has some gold strips behind the butterfly.  I believe that they came out of the Gold Metallic Baker's Twine.  Cool huh!

This card is created with the 'Butterfly Basics' stamp set & coordinating fromaelits that are in the Occasions Catalog.  They come as a bundle or you can purchase them separately.
++++
Brayden was here after school yesterday- so it was great to get to see him.  He had to go up to the shop with his dad though as soon as he got here after work.  Nathan's 2015 race car is back & painted.  It is purple this year!  I can't wait to see it when it all done & lettered & on the race track.  The purple race car he had in 2009 was fast & good.  So we'll see if this one can be it's twin.  This is what the guys have been working on in the shop all winter.  

Check out the photos below of the progress in building the race car.  It originally started out as just a few bars.  This is a photo of the cage after it has been painted.

And after countless hours welding & grinding & bending pipe- they are gaining.
 
Here is Brayden's Papa Mark Sheetz working on it.  They are hanging the body on it.  It is finally beginning to look like a race car.
WOW- it is all done & ready to go to get painted!!
And here it is back & ready to get finished with the lettering & decals.  Mark & Nathan are headed to Nebraska to race in 10 days......I can't believe our 2015 racing season is beginning.  But we are all excited & ready to go cheer Nathan on.  Brody asks almost every Wednesday if we get to go racing in Osky tonight.  It is so cute!  Gosh....we've been racing for many years & it is definitely a family affair. 
 ++++++
Last night I got connected with Joyce & got orders finalized from her party.  I then worked on other stamping stuff the rest of the night.  Gosh....I have stamps all over our house!  I swear we live, eat & breath stamps around here.
 
I had planned to have the boys all day- but we have ICE- so school is cancelled.  WOW- what do I do first to get checked off of my long list?  Deke is on the farm most of the day today.  We are having problems with one of our pumps to the hog houses- so the pump/well guy is coming this morning to help Deke get that fixed.  Then I'll be a farmer later this afternoon, helping Deke outside, as we sell hogs.  Then tonight Deke has a night meeting after supper.  So we'll head to the voting booth together on his way to his meeting, as Keokuk County is having a special election today on the local option sales tax.  Only rural residents can go vote on it.  I hope it passes!  We are already paying the 1% extra at most locations in the County, but since the rural residences haven't approved it in the past- any of the money collected in the County from it is getting split between the towns (which is nice), but the County isn't getting any of it.  Hopefully we will so that the money collected from it can help to fix some much needed rural bridges & roads that need repaired.  

Tonight I'll be cutting & working on my class for Thursday night.   I can't wait for everyone to come stamp with me....it will be here before we know it.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!! 
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment