Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

'Joy Eclipse' card

I've been working on projects for my upcoming Holiday Exravaganza event for the past few weeks.  This is one of the first card I created for this big event & so this card is the first one that I'm sharing it with you on blog!

Here is a pretty Christmas 'Eclipse' card that I made for that class!   Check out how I stamped the pines first, then used the Large Letter Framelits & cut out the words "Joy".  I then popped the letters back up when I adhered them to the card, making sure that they were off set just a little, so that the red layer underneath showed. 

'The Eclipse' technique has become very popular again lately on cards & there are many of them posted on blogs & Pinterest.  They are fun, easy & give a wow affect.  I wanted this card to be just that- clean, simple & just my style with this layout.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  I hope everyone that makes it likes it too!

I made a Halloween 'Eclipse' card at my Hiawatha monthly class in September.  It was a big hit & so much fun to do.   I posted it on my blog a few weeks ago.  I loved just listening to the gals as they were making it at my class that day!  They all had fun making it.  You can see that card by CLICKING HERE!
Since this stamp set is photopolymer, notice how I cut the words- 'to you & yours' off from the Christmas Happiness.  That way I could stamp them & punch them out with the Classic Label Punch & add them to the bottom of this card.  Even though I actually cut apart this stamp set, I can easily add it back together when I stick it to the clear block!  That is another great benefit about photopolymer stamps! 

stamp set:  'Christmas Happiness'
cardstock:  Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
designer paper:  Quilted Christmas DSp
ink:  Garden Green, Chocolate Chips
other:  Big Shot, Large Letter Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Mini Tinsel Trim (Real Red), Mini Dimensionals, Paper Snips

NOTE:  There are no framelits for this stamp set, so I had to fussy cut out the pinecone, but it wasn't hard to do at all.  

+++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with kids.  The 3 big boys were here after school too.  Brayden got to ride in the tractor with Papa for awhile, so he was thrilled.  When everyone left, I made a trip to Osky to deposit our hog check that just came & picked up a few groceries.  They were repaving the road, so i had to take the scenic route- which took me about 45 minutes longer to do.  When I get home I put groceries away, took Deke's supper out to the field & road with him for a round in the tractor.  I then burnt the midnight oil stamping!

I'm off to go pick up the boys this morning, take the twins to school & spend my day with the little ones.  The 3 big boys will ride the bus here after school again.  When everyone leaves tonight I'll be a burning the midnight oil stamping again!  

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment