Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Let it SNOW with 'Sheltering Tree'!

WOW- what a winter wonderland we have here at our home!  We have several inches of snow!  It is very pretty to just look at out the window.  But we are going to have record breaking low temps the next 2 days.  Oh the joys of living in Iowa! 

Isn't this card just so pretty?  I love it!!  When I first saw this tree stamp set in the New Occasions Catalog I knew right away that I wanted to try this technique with it!

This card is one of the cards everyone joining me in January for my monthly classes will be making.  It goes perfectly with the scene outside right now too!  I have visions of making all 4 seasons using this set- so be watching for more projects I'll be creating and posting using this set in the future!
Do you see the snow sitting on the branches of the tree?  I made the snow using a white crayon, doing the crayon resist technique.  It is just so neat!

AND 

I've robbed all of the white crayons from every box of crayons the boys have.  They'll never know until they start school that there is suppose to be a white crayon in their crayon boxes.  

NOTE:  When doing the crayon technique.....
  • Stamp image (I used Black Memento Ink Pad)
  • Using the white crayon draw lines along the edges of the image where you want it to look like the snow is sitting.
  • Ink your sponge in Soft Sky ink & rub over the tree.  You might need to rub over the image several times to add enough color to make the white crayon show up & pop.
stamp set:  'Sheltering Tree'
card stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Soft Sky
ink pads:  Black Memento, Softy Sky
supplies:  Big Shot, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Painted Blooms Cotton Twine (Soft Sky), Sponge, dimensionals
other: White Crayon

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

+++++
I had a great day with my boys yesterday!  They are just so sweet.  How blessed we are.

School is delayed 2 hours this morning here in Sigourney.  So I'll be busy placing orders and doing SU! business things until I go pick up the boys.  Tonight I'll be a farmer helping Deke.  I can honestly say that I'm not thrilled at all about going out in the frigid temps to work with the hogs.  We are selling 2 load of hogs tonight- so I pray that all goes well.  I hope they load well and that the truckers make it to the packing house safely.  

Gotta run.....I have LOTS of orders to get entered from Kathy's party on Sunday.  I just LOVE the New Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-bration Catalog products and I'm hearing many of you do too! 

Ok....gotta run!!
I hope you all stay warm and safe today!

Be sure to check back again tomorrow to see another card created with new products!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment