Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

It is a beautiful butterfly!

WOW!!  Check out this new Butterfly Thinlit!!  It is beautiful!  I absolutely LOVE IT!  I finally got it out to make a quick card last night & I just couldn't stop playing with it.  I think I ended up making about 5 or 6 different cards with this color combination & stamp sets.  They all look so different.  The butterfly thinlit is very delicate & has lots of little pieces.  With the right 'sandwich' in cutting this Butterfly Thinlit- it comes out easily! Here is the 'sandwich' that I used. 
  • Magnetic Platform
  • clear plate
  • fragrance free new dryer sheet (fold one sheet in half & in half again- so it is 4 layers thick)
  • card stock
  • BUTTERFLY THINLIT
  • waxed paper
  • clear plate
NOTE:  All Big Shots are not the same- so try this &  you might have to change it some for your Big Shot.  

**Run the framelit back & forth in the Big Shot 3 times before removing it.  This assures that it will be cut out good.  You have to carefully pull the outside edge of the butterfly off of the dryer sheet.  All of those little pieces stay stuck to the dryer sheet!  It is totally amazing! 

If I get time sometime soon I'll try to take a few pictures to show you these steps.  If you have any questions- don't hesitate to contact me.
AND- What do you think of this new floral background stamp?  It is pretty too isn't it!

Layers:
Elegant Eggplant- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2; Very Vanilla- 5 x 3 3/4 ; Elegant Eggplant- 4 1/4 x 3; Very Vanilla- 4 x 2 3/4- cut Butterfly Thinlit from the center of this; 2" strip for center butterfly- stamp & then cut out with the thinlit.

stamp sets:  'Butterfly Basics' & 'Something Lacy'
card stock:  Very Vanilla & Elegant Eggplant
ink:  Elegant Eggplant
supplies:  Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Butterflies Thinlits Dies
other:  unsented new dryer sheet & waxed paper


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Susie, what size is the card stock for your 3rd layer? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate- By 3rd layer are you meaning the Elegant Eggplant? It is 4 1/4 x 3" I update my post above with each layers measurements beginning from the outside card stock base. Hope this helps! Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete