Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

'Coloful Seasons' Leaves & the Baby Wipe tehcnique!

You all know I love fall.  And these colors are one of the many reasons why!!  As I was driving home yesterday morning from taking the boys to school, I was noticing all of the beautiful fall colors that God has blessed us with.  It was truly breath taking & totally amazing!  I just looked down the streets in town at all of the pretty trees & then looked out over the hills in the country driving home.  

So here is a pretty fall card that I made this past weekend, to send out for some Happy Mail!!  I used the baby wipe technique & the Painted Autumn designer paper, along with the 'Colorful Seasons' stamp set & coordinating Seasonal Layering Thinlits! 

I made shaker card for my October monthly classes similar to this one & I'll post that in the next few days.  

This card was made with some left over pieces from my class....and I think it turned out so cute, that I ended up cutting more supplies so that I could mass produce it!  Oh & these- thinking of you - words are in the 'Colorful Seasons' stamp set too!  I like the font, the length of these words & thought they worked perfectly on this strip of card stock on the front of the card.  

This Painted Autumn designer paper is beautiful too!  Just such great colors, images & versatility.  It is one of the many packages of designer paper that is on sale this month too!

Check out the Designer Paper Special list HERE!
stamp set:  'Colorful Seasons'
card stock:  Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
designer paper:  Painted Autumn 
ink:  Cajun Craze
ink refills:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie & Cajun Craze
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Thick Twine, dimensionals, Glue Dot, baby wipes

How do you do the baby wipe technique?  Take a baby wipe, put it on a plate (something protecting your working surface under it), put drops of ink refill onto the baby wipe & that then becomes your "ink pad" to tape your stamp into for a rainbow of different colors!


Look at my pile of Happy Mail!  The postal lady just smiled when I took them to her yesterday morning at the post office.  They all required an additional 20 cent stamp, since they had twine on them, so that meant that they were non-machinable-thus she had some work to do by hand to have them proceed on!  There are 23 cards here!!  I sure hope that they make several people smile when they get them in the mail from me!! 

+++++++
Yesterday Masen ended up being sick.  I sure hope everyone else doesn't get it.  Not sure what he had....it was the flu symptoms with vomiting & fever.  So keep your fingers crossed for me that Masen is better today & that everyone else stays healthy the rest of the week! 

One of my best friends from high school & my college roommate, Janet & her mom, came out to visit me late yesterday afternoon.  She lives in Florida now & I hadn't seen her in almost 6 years.  She got to see Masen & Ainslee (which was fun).  And we enjoyed visiting & catching up on so many things. Gosh.....what great times we had together over the years.  I miss her, but didn't realize how much until I saw her!  We use to be together all of the time!  I look forward to her next trip back to Iowa again in a couple of months & hope we get to see each other again for a bit. 

I worked on stamping stuff for awhile last night after Janet & her mom left & finally called it a night.....I was beat & I needed to get some sleep.  

This morning I'm off early, as Manda has an early meeting at work.  I'll take the twins to school & spend my day with Trey, Masen & Ainslee.  Tonight when the kids go home I'll be working on the farm- helping Deke with the pigs.  When we are done & I get it from there, I'll be stamping!!

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment