Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

Stampin' Up! Slim Line Daisy card

 Wow-
Slim Line cards are very popular right now!
They are something that I have made for years.
Their size works perfectly to fit in a legal envelope.
I have made many cards this size for wedding invites, birthday invites 
& Christmas cards over the years, doing this Slim Line size card!
 
What size is this Slim Line card base? 
7 x 8 1/2"- score long wise at 3 1/2" & fold in half
++++++++
Today is my mom's birthday!!
So this is the card that I made for her.
 I hope she likes it!
I just love the way it turned out! 
And I'm so excited to share lots of photos & details here with you about it!
I combined the leaves, sprigs & flower centers that are from the Poinsettia Dies,
with the Daisy Punch & Medium Daisy Punch!
My goal was to make it look fallish.
Look at this GORGEOUS Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper!
WOW.....it is just beautiful!
 
And check out the sparkle!
I sprayed the card with the Champagne Shimmer Mist Spray over it!
Look at the center of the flowers!  
They are so cool & made with the Poinsettia Dies.
I used the words from the 'Beautiful Autumn' stamp set.
It is on page 46 in the Holiday Mini Catalog.
And these awesome stitched dies around the words are from the Hippo & Friends Dies.
They are on page 176 in the Annual Catalog!
Check out them!
They are really neat too!
Here are the different dies from the Poinsettia Dies that I used!
See how the inside of the leaves are embossed!
And the little flower center is embossed too!
This is the leaf die, that I'm cutting out.
It is 2 different pieces...one that cuts out the image 
& one that embosses the leaf veins.
You can emboss & cut them both at one time by layering them like this together!
 
Just look at the NEW Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine!
I am totally in LOVE with it!
Shown above, I'm cutting on the NEW self healing Magnetic Platform!
It is thin & it is a solid Magnetic Platform!
Your dies don't hop, skip & jump around when using it!
It is just amazing!
Let me share with you all of the details, including the measurements- so that you can make a Slim Line card too!
 
stamp sets:  'Daisy Lane' & 'Beautiful Autumn'
card stock:
  • Early Espresso- 7 x 8 1/2"- score at 3 1/2"(long wise) & fold, for card base; 2" strip- die cut stitched hexagon; 1' strip- die cut flower centers
  • Brushed Metallic card stock (bronze)-8 1/4 x 3 1/4"; 2" strip- die cut sprigs
  • Whisper White- 1 3/4" strip- stamp words onto & die cut out with Hippo Dies; 8 1/4 x 3 1/4"- for inside of card
  • Bumblebee- 2 3/4" strip- stamp 4 large Daisy's & punch out; 2" strip- stamp 2 small daisies & punch out
  • Garden Green- 2" strip- die cut leaves.  I used 2 large ones & 2 smaller ones
designer paper:  Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper- 3 x 8"
ink:  Bumblebee & Early Espresso
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Poinsettia Dies; Hippo Dies; dimensionals; glue dots; Champagne Shimmer Mist Spray; Medium Daisy Punch; Daisy Punch
RETIRED:  1/2" Circle Punch & 3/4" Circle Punch- for flower centers

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment