Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Have a Fun Friday!!

Here is a clean & simple birthday card for me to share with you on this fun Friday!!!  I love the ice cream cones in this designer paper.  And I really like the font that goes with the wording in this stamp set too!

I would have never thought of myself as a clean & simple stamper.  I love layers & dimension (which I still do alot of)- but I don't spend hours creating a single card like I use too.  I just don't have time.  I've learned that I have to make the most of the little time I have & even though this is a simple card, it is cute too- with layers & dimension.
stamp set:  'Birthday Blooms'
card stock:  Soft Suede, Mint Macroon, Whisper White
designer paper:  Birthday Bouquet
ink: Watermelon Wonder
other:  Big Shot, Circle Thinlits,Tiny Triangles Embossing folder (on Soft Suede banner), Paper Snips, It's My Day Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella (added some sparkle to the ice cream cones on the designer paper)

++++
Yesterday was a full day with my boys & then a late night as a farmer, helping Deke with the pigs!  I was a hobbling by the time we got in the house last night.  Here is a long story made short- On Tuesday night I fell off the bottom step on a ladder in the garage & I thought I broke my foot.  It snapped & hurt instantly.  I kept it up & iced it all night.  Thankfully I think it is just sprained really bad.  I could hardly walk on Wednesday though.  Yesterday it was a little less painful.  It is swollen huge & I have a knot on the top of my foot.  It is black & blue from my ankle, down both sides of my foot & clear down to my toes.  Me being on it last night & walking so much selling hogs didn't help it any.  I'm hoping today I can keep it up some & it heals sooner than later.
Nathan got along ok with his surgery yesterday morning & he got home yesterday afternoon.  They had to move some tendens in order to get the plate & pins in, so he is gonna be in extra pain for a few days.  He is gonna have a long few weeks of healing!  He takes after his mom & isn't very good at sitting still doing nothing. 

This morning I'm off to go pick up my boys for the day.  Deke is home again today to work on the farm, so we'll get to enjoy him being here for lunch again.  Tonight when the boys have all gone home, I hope to do no more than I have to do!  We'll see if that happens or not!  I hope there will be a good movie on & I can lay on the couch & watch it!

Have a FUN Friday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment