Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

It is "clean & simple" with a pretty Monogram card!

Happy MAY DAY!!!!  

Ok......you all know I love black & white cards.  And this is a pretty "clean & simple" Monogram card.  This is so totally me.
We have several wedding coming up in the next few months.  I'll be using this for one of them.  But this card would be perfect for almost anything you needed a card for!  This was one of the cards I created for my Spring Fling last weekend.

All of these stamp sets are from the Occasions Catalog.

stamp sets:  'For The New Two', 'Your Perfect Day' & 'Sophisticated Serifs'
card stock:  whisper White, Basic Black
ink:  Black Memento 
other:  2" Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

++++
Today is a very special little man's birthday!  Brayden is 7 years old!  Oh my gosh......where has the time gone?  He is such a blessing in our lives & we love him tons.  How lucky we are he lives so close by & we get to see him so often.  He is such a big helper.  And I just love his smile!
Last night Brayden & I went to the Seeleys.  The boys played & we planted flowers.  He wanted to go to Walkers for a black rasperberry shake (both of our favorites) for his birthday afterwards.  I then took him home & I came home & burnt the midnight oil working on piles of bookwork & orders that got away from me last week.

This morning I'm off to pick up the 3 Seeley boys.  Nathan is dropping Brayden off & we'll take him to school.  I'm sure the boys will be excited as we'll get to sing happy birthday to him!  

Tonight Deke & I will be going to a very special friends visitation, as we can't make it to her funeral tomorrow.  Joyce was such an amazing person inside & outside!!  I met her almost 14 years ago when I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Joyce was a friend/co-worker of my friend Lisa.  Joyce was my 2nd hostess ever.  She was my 1st hostess to have a workshop over $1,000.  And she has been a hostess for me once a year every since that time.  In fact, I believe she has always had over a $1,000 workshop.  She was just a hostess for me in March, as Sale-a-bration was a favorite of hers too.  She stamped with me each month.  We talked often & I looked forward to catching up on our family happenings.  She was an awesome stamper & she brought cards to show me each month that she'd been creating.  She made LOTS of cards for her team at work and since her retiring in January she has been making LOTS of cards for their church.  She was a definite fighter if I ever saw one.   She lost a very long fight with breast cancer.  Heaven gained an angel.....and she leaves us here with heavy hearts, as she touched many hearts in many different ways. Our deepest sympathy goes to her family- Alan, Amanda & Austin.
 







After Joyce's visitation we'll head to the races in Columbus Junction & meet up with the rest of our family there.  Tonight is a big stock car race- so I'm hoping Nathan dials it in & has good luck!  

I hope you all have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment