Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Here is an awesome sunburst card!

Hello!
Here is another card that everyone joining me for my August workshops will get to make.
I think this card was a big hit at my class on Sunday.
I heard a lot of gals say that it was a favorite of theirs!
It was honestly one that I struggled with colors on.
And I tried many versions before I actually came up with this as my final creation. 
 
I finally decided to do it mostly in black & white.
 As I wanted to do a cool new technique that I had learned.
Be sure to check out the black & white designer paper shown on this card.
It is called "Back to Black"!
I added the yellow to it by coloring it with my Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker.
Isn't it just awesome that you can personalize designer paper 
& make it be any color you are wanting it to be!
Pretty cool huh!!
 'Kinda Eclectic'
cs:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
dp:  Back to Black Designer Paper
ink:  Black Memento Pad, Crushed Curry
supplies:  Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Scalloped Tag Punch, Black Chevron ribbon, Tea Lace Doilies, Basic Pearls, White Twine, Dimensionals

Check out these other samples that I played with using this Back to Black Designer Paper.
Here is a piece that I colored with the Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker.
Here is the other side of the piece of designer paper shown above.
It is amazing to me that you can change it with just a little old marker!
I forsure will be doing this technique again with some other papers & colors!
I hope you try it too!
+++++++

I did enjoy all 4 of my boys yesterday.
They are all so darn sweet!
I think they had a really fun time together.
Brody & Brayden loved helping make cookies (& then eating them).
I had to laugh- as Drake says he doesn't like cookies any more.
We watched a Toy Story movie after lunch/before their little nap & 
then played outside when they got up.
Trey is a trooper & just watches the big boys.
He is such a good baby!

Bless my dentist for squeezing me in for a "late" appointment last evening 
to take a pinpoint spot off of my new filling I had done last week.
 I am also glad I got to visit with Brayden's mom & see his baby brother Jacobi 
for a bit last night when I took him home too.
I know that I was exhausted when I finally got back home.
We had a long day!

Deke & I have a meeting this morning with our farm insurance lady for our policy.
Then I have tons to do on my day off!
I am not sure where to even start on my list of things to do.
I know what I want to do- but need to get some other business things done first.
I am definitely in the mood to clean & rearrange & I want to get some painting done too.
So many things I wanted to get done before school starts...but I'm running out of time.
Where did the summer go? 

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment