Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Brilliance

 You all know that I LOVE Black & White cards.
Check out this gorgeous one!
WOW!
 This is a neat fun fold!
It is a diagonal corner gate fold.
I used the pretty black & white True Love DSP to make this.
 
Check out the detail in this butterfly!
It is from the Brilliant Wings Dies.
Here is my card when it is opened up!
 And here it is when it is shut.

 So what do you think?
This is a totally Susie card!
I love it & hope you do too!

Here are the measurements & supplies I used, so that you can make it too!
stamp set:  'Vine Design' (words for the outside & the inside of the card)
card stock:
  • Basic Black- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"- for card base- mount the DSP card onto this
  • Basic Black- 2 1/2" strip- die cut Label from Painted Label Dies
  • Basic Black- 2" strip- die cut butterfly
  • Basic White- 2 1/2" strip- die cut stitched circle
  • Basic White- 1" strip- die cut stitched banner
  • Basic White- 3 3/4 x 5"- for inside of cards
designer paper:  True Love DSP- 5 1/4 x 12"- score at 2, 4, 8 & 10"
ink:  Memento
other:  Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine; Stitched Shapes Dies (circle); Brilliant Wings Dies (butterfly); Painted Label Dies (black label); Tasteful Label Dies (banner for words); Basic Pearls; dimensionals; Simply Scored Scoring Tool; Paper Trimmer 
 
You can CLICK below to see some other cards I have done with this fold.
 I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to score my DSP.
5 1/4 x 12"- score at 2, 4, 8 & 10"

How did I do this?
  • 1.  DSP measures- 5 1/4 x 12"- score at 2, 4, 8 & 10"
  •  2.  Using your Paper Trimmer diagonal cut the corner off of both ends.  Notice where I have the green post it notes.  Put your corner at the 2" mark & the 4" mark in the cutting track.  Make a diagonal & cut upward on your Paper Trimmer.  Then you need to do the same thing on the other corner/side too!
  •  3.  This is what it looks like when you cut off the corner.
  •  4.  Notice how both corners are cut off.  Now flip this around & fold on all of the scored lines.
  •  5.  The diagonals cuts go on the top side & this is what it looks like this when it is folded.
  •  6.  Check it out when it folded shut!!
Have fun creating this fun fold!
 
I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment