Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Garden

 I have a fun "window" card using the 'Dragonfly Garden' Bundle!
I think this turned out clean, simple & cute!!
 This is how I made the window....
I slide a 2 1/4" Circle Punch down from the top/card front,
centered it & then punched it out!

When making this card I did something 'old' I did years ago.
As I use to layer my white cards the way I did this one-
so that it had a colored base.
The Basic White card is 5 1/4 x 8"- score at 4" & fold in half.
Then layer this onto a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" Misty Moonlight piece of card stock
for the back of the card base.
 I stamped the flowers/stems on the inside of the card like this.
Notice how I added the Flowers for Every Season DSP to the bottom part of the 
Basic White card front and then wrapped the ribbon around the entire part.
 I cut a little slit, directly over the fold line
(by placing the fold line in the cutting part of my Paper Trimmer)-
making it just big enough to slide the end of the 12" piece of 
Misty Moonlight ribbon into it. 
I then tied a knot in it on the front side.
How did I get the words like this?
I actually just stamped them onto a little piece of 
Basic White card stock & fussy cut out around them with my scissors.
 
Look closely at the little dragonfly.....
I punched it out of Misty Moonlight card stock & then punched it 
out again with Vellum and layered them on top of each other!
I decided to add some Wink of Stella over the top of the vellum dragonfly
to give it some added sparkle!
So what do you think?
I think that this is a totally Susie card!
 
Here are the supplies & measurements:
stamp set:  'Dragonfly Garden' (flowers/stems/words)
card stock:
  • Misty Moonlight- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" for card base
  • Basic White- 5 1/4 x 8"- score at 4" & fold in half for card 
  • Misty Moonlight- 4 x 1/2"
  • Misty Moonlight- 1" strip- punch out little dragonfly
  • Vellum- 1" strip- punch out little dragonfly
  • Basic White- 1" strip- stamp words onto & fussy cut out around them with Paper Snips (scissors)
designer paper:  Flowers for Every Season- 4 x 2"
ink:  Misty Moonlight
other:  2 1/4" Circle Punch; Paper Snips; Misty Moonlight Ribbon; Dragonfly Punch; Lady Bug Trinkets; dimensionals; glue dots; Wink of Stella (over the vellum Dragonfly)
 
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment