Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Stampin' Up! Simply Succulent

 Oh my......I am sure lovin' this Simply Succulents stamp set.
I finally got a chance last night to use it!
And I love the simple elegance of it!
This is a totally Susie card that is clean & simple with layers!

I used the NEW Blending Brushes to add these colors
onto the Shimmery White card stock.
NOTE:  The NEW Blending Brushes are not available 
until the week of March 29th.
And you will want to add these to your Wish List!
They are awesome!
 Check out the colors & order I used them in-
1.  Granny Apple Green
2.  Pretty Peacock
3.  Rococo Rose
When you are adding the color onto the card stock, you want to lightly 
tap/rub onto your scratch paper & then rub onto the card stock.
 Look how I added some Pretty Peacock ink to the 
Natural Touch Specialty Paper (birch looking)
#156825= $5.00 
This specialty paper resisted the ink.....so I let is dry awhile 
& thentook a kleenex & rubbed off the access ink.
Notice how the 'green' stayed in the wood grain lines!
I think it looks neat!
Look how I stamped the succulents onto the Mint Macaron card stock.
Notice how it is stamped over each other slightly in the center.
But that didn't matter, as I will be layering over the top of it when it is finished.
WHOOPS!
  Look at the lower left corner.
I got a little heavy on my sponging- 
when I thought "I just had to add a little more".
But no worries- I'll just change up my layout & cover that spot up!
So see how I fixed it!
And if I hadn't told you & showed you that I messed up-
you would never know it now by looking at the finished card.
 
I stamped the words onto a little scrap of Basic White card stock
& then fussy cut out around the words with my Paper Snips.
I popped the words up with dimensionals & add them directly
over the top of my really dark spot that I sponged too heavily on.
 
I took 24" of Linen Thread & folded in half 4 times & tied it into a bow.
And I just added it with a Glue Dot!
 And yup- I made this into a fun 'z' fold card,
which is my favorite fold ever!
 
I just love the way this card turned out & I hope you do too!

Here are the supplies & measurements-
stamp set:  'Simply Succulents'
card stock:
  • Thick Basic White- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 2 3/4 & 5 1/2"- fold into a "z" for card base
  • Crumb Cake-  4 x 5 1/4"
  • Mint Macaron- 3 3/4 x 5"
  • Crumb Cake- 3 1/4 x 4"
  • Shimmery White- 3 x 3 3/4"
  • Basic White- 3/4" strip- stamp words onto & fussy cut out
dsp:  Natural Touch Specialty Paper- 3/4 x 5"
ink:  Memento, Granny Apple Green, Pretty Peacock, Rococo Rose
other:  Paper Snips; Linen Thread- 24"; Glue Dots; Dimensionals; Simply Scored Scoring Tool
 
I hope you have an AWESOME Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment