Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

Stampin' Up! A Touch of Ink fun fold!

WOW- check it out!
This is a fun fold card that I made earlier this month, for a swap that
I did with some of my demonstrator friends from different states. 
 
Just look at the awesome stitching around the butterfly.
I did that by using the NEW Stitched Whimsy Dies on page 72 in the Spring Mini Catalog.

The butterfly & words are from the 'A Touch of Ink' stamp set that is a
Sale-a-bration choice that you can get for FREE with a $100 product order.
 
And the polk-a-dot DSP is from the Flower & Field Designer Paper
that is also a Sale-a-bration choice that you can get for FREE with a $50 product order.
 
The card fold is a traditional center gate fold.
BUT the butterfly piece is made to slide on & off!
This is what it looks like when I'm sliding the center piece off.
This is kind of like a belly band, but it is easier & just really cool!
It is really just a "latch", to hold the card center together.
 This is what it looks like when the card is opened up! 
AND then-
Check out how I made the center latch part!

Here are photos of the pieces I made as 'patterns' for you to see how I made it. 

You will need-
  • 4 pieces of card stock that all measure 3 1/2 x 3 1/2".
  • 2 of those pieces will be scored down the center at 1 3/4" & then folded in half.
  • With the other 2 pieces- one will be the back & one will be the front. 
  • You will sandwich the center 2 folded pieces between the front piece & the back piece.
  • The folded edges of the 2 center pieces will butt up to each other in the center.
 I hope with this side view photo of the latch piece you can see how I assembled it.
Here is how you use all 4 pieces of card stock that measure 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" each.
  • Front- 1 black piece 
  • Center- 2 white pieces- that are folded in half & the folds meet in the center of the 'sandwich'. 
  • Back-- 1 black piece
BE SURE YOU stick it together securely with glue or seal plus, so that it doesn't pull apart.
I just love black & yellow butterflies- they are my favorite!

I added the Wink of Stella over the butterfly, 
although I don't think you can tell that by looking at the photos.
But in person it sure adds that extra sparkle!
 
Here are the supplies & measurements I used to make this card.
 
stamp set:  'A Touch of Ink'- FREE Sale-a-bration choice with a $100 product order
card stock:
  • Basic Black- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 2 3/4" from both ends & fold to make a center gate fold card base
  • Basic Black- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"- for front side of latch piece
  • Basic Black- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"- for back side of latch piece
  • Bumblebee- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"
  • Basic White- 3 x 3"
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"
designer paper:  Field & Flowers DSP- 4 x 2 1/2"; 4 x 2 1/2"- FREE Sale-a-bration choice with a $50 product order
ink:  Memento & Bumblebee
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Stitched Whimsy Dies; Wink of Stella; Matte Black Dots; Bumblebee Ribbon; dimensionals; glue dots; Simply Scored Scoring Tool

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment