Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Faux Silk Technique with Snowflakes!

This is one of the cards everyone made last weekend at my Holiday Extravaganza.
I love snowflake images & I love them in Navy for some reason.

If you look closely at the front of this card can you tell
that I glued some Tissue Paper to it?
This technique is called- Faux Silk.

You can CLICK BELOW on the 2 links to see other cards I have
on my blog that I made doing the Faux Silk Technique.
This is a fun z fold card.
This is what it looks like when standing up!
The greeting on the outside of the card is from the 'Merry Snowflakes' stamp set.
#156419= $21.00 pg. 13 in the Holiday Catalog.
 
The snowflakes & the inside words are from the 'Snowflake Wishes' stamp set.
#158267= $26.00 in the Annual Catalog.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements I used.
stamp sets:  'Merry Snowflakes' (words on card front) & 'Snowflake Wishes' (snowflakes & words on inside of card)
card stock:
  • Thick Basic White- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 2 3/4" & 5 1/5" for z fold card base
  • Night of Navy- 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White- 3 3/4 x 5"- stamp snowflakes onto &
  • Night of Navy- 1 x 5"
  • Basic White- 4 1/4" strip- stamp words & die cut label
  • Basic White- 3 3/4 x 5"- for inside of card
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Seasonal Label Dies (label die for words on front of card); White 3/8" Glitter Organdy Ribbon; dimensionals; glue dots
WHOOPS:   I used the RETIRED Iridescent Pearls from last years catalog.  
Non SU! supplies: Tissue Paper;  Glue Stick (to put down completely all over the stamped snowflakes so that the tissue paper will stick to it!)
 
I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment