Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Delicate Dahlias

Here is another totally Susie card.
Check out this awesome dis'ink'tive stamp set called- 'Delicate Dahlias'.
It is one of the Sale-a-bration choices that
you can get it FREE with a $100 product order.
I think that this flower is just gorgeous! 
 
There are no dies with this 'Delicate Dahlias' stamp set-
so I fussy cut out all of these flowers & leave with my scissors.
But I do like to cut things out though!
If you don't like to fussy cut things out-
 keep on reading & see how you can do the "masking technique".
This is what my card looks like when opened up!
  This a fun accordion z fold card! 
 
The Garden Green DSP is also a Sale-a-bration choice.
It is from the Peaceful Prints 12x12 DSP pack
that is FREE with a $50.00 product order.
I made all of these cards for a swap that I participated in with 
some other demonstrator friends.
And I used the 'Delicate Dahlias' stamp set with with it too!
For the flowers I used the Stamparatus so that it was easy to line up
& so that I could mass produce it so much faster!
 
You don't have to fussy cut out this flower.
For this flower I did the "masking technique".
How did I do it?
#1.  Stamp Flower using the Stamparatus.
 
#2.- I used a pink post-it-note, stamped the flower outline onto it 
& then fussy cut it out with scissors.
I put this post-it-note flower directly over the Fresh Freesia flower I stamped.
#3.  I then stamped the leaves.
Notice how I stamped the leaves slightly onto the post-it-note "flower mask".
#4.  This is what the "masking technique" flower looks like when finished.
It is really cool huh!
By doing the stamping with the "masking technique" way- 
it looks like the leaves are behind the flower.
 
Both of the flower/leaves are very pretty!
Which one do you like better?
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Delicate Dahlias'
card stock:
  • Garden Green- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"- base
  • Garden Green- 5 1/4 x 11"- score at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5 1/4", 7"
  • Garden Green- 3 1/4 x 6 1/2"- score at 3 1/4" & fold in half 
  • Basic White- 3 x 3"
  • Basic White- 3 x 3"- stamp flower onto this & fussy cut out
  • Basic White- 2" strip- stamp leaves onto this & fussy cut out
  • Basic White- 3 3 4/ x 5"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Peaceful Prints DSP- 1 1/2 x 5" (x2)
inks:  Fresh Freesia & Garden Green
other:  Stamparatus; Paper Snips; Simply Scored Scoring Tool; Genial Gems; Wink of Stella; dimensionals

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Love your card but hate fussy cutting. The fussy cut one does look better. How did you attach the pieces with the folded part of card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the card. I love to cut. It doesn't take too long to do. Just move your paper & leave your scissors moving. :) When doing the placement for the Dahlia- Look at the 2 photos. Center the Dahlia where you want it. Add adhesive left inside edge of the center piece that has the Dahlia on it & stick it to the very front of the card. Then add adhesive to the inside back side of this & that gets stuck to the back z part (of the card front).

      Delete