Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Counting Sheep and Sheep Dies

 How can a farm girl not make a card with this sheep being in a pasture?

This sheep is from the 'Counting Sheep' stamp set that is a 
Sale-a-bration choice!
You can get it for FREE with a $50 product order.
And it also has coordinating Sheep Dies.
The dies are also a Sale-a-bration choice
that you can get for FREE with a $50 product order!
Aren't the clouds cool!
I made with by making a cloud strip using the Basic Borders Dies.
I used the Balmy Blue ink pad & a Blending Brush.
It is easy to do & I think it looks so neat!
 I started at the top, angling my clouds & rubbing on ink,
moving downward onto the Basic White card stock.
This is how I made the grass.
I cut a piece of Old Olive card stock into a 1 1/4 x 3 3/4" strip.
I tore the strip in 1/2 like this!
I taped the first strip on like this.
And then adhered the second strip over the top of it.
 I rubbed my fingernail along the grass edges to make it fluff up.
I then adhered the gate like this.
 If you want you can add color to the sheep with Stampin' Blends.
OR just leave him as a black & white one.
Both are sooo cute!
This is what it looks like opened up.
It is a center gate fold card.
Look how I made the strip for the words.
I cut a 3/4" strip of Balmy Blue card stock, stamped the words onto it.
And then used the Tailored Tag Punch to punch it out!
This is the card that made for Masen.
Today is his 6th birthday!
Wow- I can't believe it!
He is growing up too fast!
I hope he likes this card.

 I made a pop up center for Masen's card & will put some money into it!
We will celebrate his birthday tomorrow afternoon/evening.
 
Here are the measurements & supplies for the card.
stamp set:  'Counting Sheep'- SAB choice- FREE with a $50 product order
card stock:
  • Balmy Blue- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 2 1/8 & 6 3/8"- fold for card base.  This will open in the center like doors.
  • Basic Black- 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White- 3 3/4 x 5"- make clouds on top, add grass, then gate, sheep & words for card front.
  • Old Olive- 1 1/4 x 3 3/4"- tear in 1/2 to make grass
  • Basic White- 2" strip- stamp sheep onto & die cut out
  • Balmy Blue- 3/4" strip- stamp words onto & punch out with Tailored Tag Punch
  • Basic White- 3 3/4 x 5"- for inside of card
ink:  Memento & Balmy Blue
Stampin' Blends:  Light Smoky Slate & Light Basic Black- to color sheep with
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Sheep Dies-SAB choice- FREE with a $50 product order; Basic Boarder Dies; Blending Brush; Bakers Twine Essential Pack (White); Black Matte Dots; dimensionals; glue dots
 
I hope you have a SPECIAL Saturday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment