Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Be Dazzling Specialty Paper Fun Fold Pumpkin Card

Here is a fun fold fall card using the 'Pretty Pumpkin' bundle.
Check out the SPARKLY pumpkin!!
 
I used the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper that is a 
Sale-a-bration choice you can get for FREE with a $50 product order.
NOTE:  Be Dazzling Specialty Paper is champagne color,
but I colored it with my Cajun Craze Stampin' Blend!!
So doing this coloring was the whole emphasis for me in making this card.
Notice how I just colored a square section of it.
Be sure you use the Brush tip (fat) end of the Stampin' Blend
& LIGHTLY color it with the edge of the blend.
Don't push hard or use the tip, so that you don't ruin your tip!
I did cut the pumpkin from the back side.
As per the message on page 3 in the Sale-a-bration Mini-
"Cutting glittered paper leads to accelerated dulling of dies or blades."
This is what it looks like when it is cut out!
 
Check out how I did the stem......yup,
the type A person in me had to have a colored stem.
So I stamped the stem onto a Crumb Cake strip & then fussy cut it out with scissors 
& glued it over the top of the glittery pumpkin stem.
 Here is the pattern I used in making this fold.

  • 5 1/2 x 11"- score at 3 3/8" & 7 5/8"
  • measure at 1 1/2" & diagonally cut off top corner as shown.
  • measure at 1" & diagonally cut off bottom corner as shown.
 Below is the pattern for the DSP.
It measures 3 1/8 x 5 1/4".
Used the same markings as you did for the card front.
  • measure at 1 1/2" & diagonally cut off top corner at shown.
  • measure at 1" & diagonally cut off bottom corner as shown.

This is what it will look like when you have cut the DSP layer!

 See how easy it is to make this DSP layering!
I embossed the front left part of the card using the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
I layered a piece of DSP to the right side.
This is what the card looks like opened up!
Notice how I added a 1/4" strip of Cajun Craze colored
Be Dazzling Specialty Paper along the bottom.
Yup- I did fussy cut the words too,
as there are no dies for them.
But it was easy to do & not perfect- but I thought it gave a special 
added part to finalize the card!
 
And yes- I colored some Basic Rhinestones using my 
Dark Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends too, so that they matched the card stock!
 
So what do you think?
Leave me a comment below & let me know!
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Pretty Pumpkins'
card stock:
  • Cajun Craze- 5 1/2 x 11"- score at 3 3/8" & 7 5/8"
  • Cajun Craze- 2" strip- die cut smallest pumpkin & added tear & tap behind it to HOLD IN THE SLITS!
  • Mossy Meadow- 1" strip- die cut leaves
  • Crumb Cake- 1/2" strip- stamp pumpkin stem & fussy cut out
  • Basic White- 3/4" strip- stamp words & fussy cut out
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:
  • Harvest Meadow DSP- 
*3 1/4 x 5 1/4"- diagonal cut ends to layer onto card front
*2" strip- die cut small pumpkin
*2 1/2" strip- die cut large pumpkin
  • Be Dazzling Specialty Paper- This is a SALE-A-BRATION choice that is FREE with a $50 product order.
*2 1/2 x 2 1/2" square- colored this & die cut pumpkin
ink:  Early Espresso
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Cajun Craze
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder; Detailed Pumpkins Dies; Basic Rhinestones; Mini Dimenisonals; Tear & Tape; Dimenaionals; Glue Dots
 
I hope you have a GREAT Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Love this card and the fun fold too.
    Great tip on coloring and die-cutting the Be Dazzling paper!

    ReplyDelete