Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Stampin' Up! 'Wrapped in Christmas gift pouch

 WOO HOOO!

I will be sharing some holiday Crafting fun and create projects that will bring JOY to you and others this upcoming Christmas season!  

So today's project is Day #2 & I have another cool gift holder/pouch for you!! 

You can CLICK HERE TO SEE my Day #1 project!

You can add a gift card, cash, chocolate or any other little gift inside of it! 
 
This is called a diaper fold pouch.
It is made using a 6x6" piece of designer paper.
And if you have stamped with me over the years, you know I love this fold & 
have done many projects using this diaper fold over the years!
 
Read on & I'll show you step-by-step photos on how you can make this!
 #1.- fold in half a 6x6" piece of DSP like this, forming a triangle.
#2.  I am a type A visual person as you know. 
So I wanted my pouch to be even.
I lined it up on my grid paper- from the 0 to 8 1/2" line on the ruler.
I then folded down the front, top point to the bottom- at the 4 1/4" center mark.
 #3. You want to fold the 2 pointed ends inward.  
I marked black lines with my pen above, 
so that you can see where you fold them in at.
You want to fold them starting at the outside points.
 #4.  I folded the right one in like this.
 #5.  I folded in the left side like this.
Be sure you use your bone folder to get crisp edges!
 #6.  I put a little seal plus on the top flap & pressed it down.
 #7.  This is what it looks like when the top flap is taped down.
And then I decorated it!
I added the words layered like this.
1 1/2" Circle Punch; 2" Circle Punch & 2 1/4" Circle Punch.

 #8.  I punched out a 1 1/2" Circle, folded it in half 
& adhered it to the top of my inside insert.
My inside piece is 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"- 
score at 1" along bottom edge to hold gift card.
#9.  It is complete!!
See how the gift card sits inside the slider 
& goes directly down into the pouch!
 This is what it looks like with the note/card holder/gift card pulled out!
 
Click on the links below to see some other diaper fold pouches I have made. 

 
Here is a list of the supplies I used to make this pouch.
stamp set: 'Wrapped in Christmas'
card stock:
  • Real Red- 2 1/2" strip- punch out 2" circle; punch out 1 1/2" circle
  • Shaded Spruce- 2 3/4" strip- punch out 2 1/4" circle
  • Whisper White- 2" strip- stamp words onto & punch out with the 1 1/2" circle punch
  • Whisper White- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"- score at 1" 
designer paper:  'Tis the Season 6x6 dsp- 6x6"
ink:  Real Red
other: 1 1/2" Circle Punch; 2" Circle Punch; 2 1/4" Circle Punch; Bone Folder; Wonderful Gems (Red); 3/8" Sheer Ribbon

So what do you think?
Do you like it?
Leave me a comment below, as I will be 
mailing out one of these to some lucky person!
Here are my 2 completed diaper fold pouches!!
 This is a totally Susie project!
And I hope you like it as much as I do!
 
Wishing you a very SPECIAL Saturday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

3 comments:

  1. Love these little holders for gift cards or money. thanks for the measurements and for all you share on your great blog! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are welcome. Yes- I want to share with everyone so you can make them too!! Happy Stamping!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite little treat holder folds ever!

    ReplyDelete