Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lovin' the Fringe Scissors to make this tassel.......

Hello!
Here is a fun fold graduation card.
This is a card I made for a swap that I'm in.
The theme this month is a SHAPE card.
 I made the tassel the with Fringe Scissors.
Cute huh!
 I used the graduation set- 'Pomp & Circumstance' on pg. 29 in the Occasions Catalog.

 Here are the directions for the fold.
Grad Cap Card-
  • Cut paper 4 1/4" x 9 3/4"
  • Score at 5 1/2"
  • Add Diagonal Plate
  • With short side at the top, score diagonally from the 2 1/8" mark, turn card over and score again from the 2 1/8" mark forming an X over the 5 1/2" scored line.
  • Fold along all scored lines
  • At the top of the card mark the center (2 1/8")
  •  With the paper timer cut from the 2 1/8" mark to the first scored line on both sides forming a point.

For Whisper White lining-
  •  Cut 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Mark the center at the top of card then mark 2" down the side of the card from that end cut from center mark to each 2" mark forming a point.
Layer inside of card-
  • Cut a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (square)

'Pomp & Circumstance'  
cs:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
ink:  Black Stazon
supplies:  Scoring Tool, Diagonal Scoring Plate, Merry Mini Punch Pack (Small Star),
dimensinals, glue dots, Neutrals Candy Dots (Basic Black), Candy Dots Brad Bases, Paper Piercing Mat & Tool, White Twine, Fringe Scissors, Sticky Tape 

My downline- Trish Banes made a card using this fold last year for 
one of my team downline meetings.
I changed it- by using a new set & I made my tassel different,
so I could use our new Fringe Scissors.
Thanks Trish for sharing your idea.

WOW- we had a crazy day yesterday- but all survived.
They boys were all really good & loved getting to help us on the farm.
I've been burning the midnight oil creating for my upcoming "All Occasions Card Class".
 Stop back by tomorrow for a peek!
I've got some really neat cards created for this event & can't wait to share!

Deke will be gone for meetings all day today.
The boys & I have to go to Osky to deposit our hog check.
I think we'll eat lunch at McDonald's.
I know the boys love chicken nuggets & french fries.
THEN-
I'll be home tonight stamping!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment