Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

My Box Card Tutorial!

 


WOW!
Many of you have asked me for directions on how to make this cute Mickey Mouse card box that I shared a few days ago!  So I have done a step by step photo tutorial below for you.

Follow along with my step by step photo tutorial and you’ll be creating your own card box!  It is so easy!!  

ENJOY!!!
NOTE:  My finished card box is 4” x 5 1/2”.  
Box Card MEASUREMENTS:  
8 1/2" x 10"- 
On 10" side- score at 2", 3 1/2", 6 1/2" & 8"
On 8 1/2" side- 1 1/2" & 7"

1.  Place a piece of card stock measuring 8 1/2″ x 10″ on your scoring board with the 10″ side across the top- score at 2″, 3 1/2″, 6 1/2″ and 8″.
 2.  Rotate your card stock so that the 8 1/2″ side is at the top of the scoring board- score at 1 1/2″ and 7″.
3.  Place your card stock back onto the scoring board, with the 10″ side again at the top & make a tick score mark at 5”.  
4.  Flip the panel over to the back side and repeat this, so that you have both sides tick marked at 5”. 
5. I then put my card stock on my paper cutter & scored from the 5” tick mark, diagonally down to the 6 1/2” line.  I marked this with a red line in the photo below, so you can see it better! I did score it like this on both sides of the card stock to create a “V” on both sides- for the bottom of your box.   

NOTE:  You can use a pencil & ruler & lightly draw the line & then score over it with your scoring board too, if this would be easier for you to do.  You’ll want to then erase the pencil mark.
6.  Using your Paper Snips, cut all 4 corners off-  on the scored lines, as shown below in the photo. 
7.  Using your Paper Snips, cut on the scored lines from the 2″ score line to the 3 1/2″ line & from the 8″ line to the 6 1/2″ line.  Do this on both sides to create 4 tabs.  See the photo below, where I drew the lines in red, as that is where you’ll be cutting to make the tabs.  These are the tabs that fold around the box base. 
 
8.  IMPORTANT:  The inside white piece that I stamped my greeting onto is- 
2 3/4” x 5 1/4”.  Be sure you stamp your sentiment & adhere this to the inside bottom of the box NOW!  You’ll want to do this BEFORE you adhere the box together.  If you don't do it now & do it after the box is assembled, you’ll have a hard time getting it centered & lined up good.

9.  Use your bone fold & fold on all scored lines as shown. 



10.  I chose to glue the 4 tabs to the outside of the box.  You could glue them to the inside of the box, but I liked the looks of it better on the outside.  I did use Tear & Tape on these for 4 tabs, so that they were secured well & stuck together!
11.  Press your box flat, again using your bone fold to get all of the folds pressed down good & flat!
 
12. I then created a belly band to put around my box.  It measures 11" x 2 3/4”- score at - 3 1/2” & 7 1/2”.  Add Tear & Tape on both ends to secure it well.  
13.  Then slide this belly band onto your card box.  
14.  Decorate the belly band as desired.  
15.  Your card box is finished!!  

16.  Slide off the belly band to open up your box card!
I hope you have fun making this Box Card!

No comments:

Post a Comment