Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

More Painted Poppies

This 'Painted Poppies' stamp set is fun & easy to use!  Check out this clean & simple card!!!  I combined it with the words from the 'Peaceful Moments'.  And I love the way it turned out!  

I wanted to add some DSP to the card & was finding it hard to add.  I started out with a horitzontal layout & ended up a with vertical one!  As I originally cut a piece of 4x2" DSP & I didn't like it.  I just happened to slide it in under the flowers/leaves & decided I liked the way it look.....so cut it down to 4 x 1" & ended up making my layout like this!

To color these poppies I just used the "blob type stamp" in this stamp set!!  I love the the distinktive inking style of this stamp with the light & dark shades.  This "blob type stamp" doesn't line up exactly with the poppy, so I just stamped it over the top of them.  Don't you think they look ok?  I think it looked kinda cool. 

NOTE:  So if you get this stamp set, don't spend a bunch of time trying to figure out how to line it up with the poppy....it doesn't line up.  If you want the poppy completely colored in, then you can do that using your Poppy Parade Stampin' Blend! 
I colored the leaves using my Light Old Olive Stampin' Blend.  

Check out the 3 little dots that are within the poppies/leave.  I made those little dots with the fine tipped end of my Stampin' Write Marker.  These dots are an old scrapbooking thing I use to do years ago- to fill in spots!!  I was going to add some rhinestones or sequins or something- but decided that I just needed these little dots to add that extra little thing!  And I'm happy with how much they added to this card!

stamp sets:  'Painted Poppies' & 'Peaceful Moments'
card stock:
  • Old Olive-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4", fold in half for card base
  • Basic Black- 5 1/4 x 2 1/4"; 2 3/4 x 1"
  • Whisper White- 5 x 2"- stamp poppies & leaves onto; 2 1/2 x 3/4"- stamp words onto
designer paper:  Peaceful Poppies DSP- 4 x 1"
inks:  Memento & Poppy Parade
Stampin' Blends:  Light Old Olive
Stampin' Write Marker:  Basic Black
other:  Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Wink of Stella

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment