Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

'Winter Woods' Sneak Peek!

OH WOW!!!!!  This card just turned out gorgeous!!!  I love it!!  And it was so easy to do!

I used the 'Winter Woods' stamp set & coordinating In The Woods Framelits that are available for you to order on September 5th when the NEW Holiday Catalog goes live!

Check out the snow along the bottom edge that I cut using the Sparkle Glimmer Paper & the snowline framelit that is part of the In The Woods Framelits!
The stars are the cool Twinkle Adhesive Backed Sequins. 
And this card is a fun easel fold card!   Cool huh!

I used the Festive Farmhouse Designer Paper along the outside edges!

How did I do it???
#1.  I shadow stamped the tree 2 times onto a piece of Whisper White card stock- 3 3/4 x 3 3/4".
 #2.  
  • I inked the stamp using Mossy Meadow.
  • I stamped off onto my grid paper.
  • Using a sponge dauber I added ink directly to the stamp in a few spots to make that area darker.
  • I then stamped the tree onto a crap piece of Whisper White card stock.
#3.  I cut out the tree using my Big Shot, Magnetic Platform & In the Woods Framelits!
#4.  This is what it looks like from the back side when it is all cut out!  Check out all of the layers!
#5.  Front the front side I "fluffed" up the branches.
#6.  I added mini dimensionals to the pieces that were cut, so that they would puff out when I mounted this tree.
#7.  I used my Aqua Painter & the Frost White Simmer Paint along the edges of all the cut pine pieces!
#8.  Using my Multipurpose Glue, I added a little along the the edges (over the Frost White Shimmer Paint).
#9.  I then dumped on some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter & tapped off the excess.  
#10.  Using my Big Shot, Magnetic Platform & In The Wood Framelits- I cut the snow line, using my Sparkle Glimmer Paper- 3 3/4 x 1 1/4".

WOW- I love the added sparkle & glitter added to this tree! 

So what do you think?  It is gorgeous huh! 

++++++++++
We have had a wild past week here!  My mom fell a couple of times last week & got a concussion, hurt her shoulder & cut her knee.  Thankfully she is now doing better.  And then Deke's mom fell on Monday, went to the Sigourney hospital by ambulance, transferred to Mercy Hospital in Cedar Rapids & was in ICU.  She got transferred to a regular room late yesterday afternoon.  And we left to go see her as soon as the kid left late yesterday afternoon & got home after midnight.  

Today Deke is up early to chore & head to Ottumwa to a meeting.  I'm up early to walk & head into town to get the Seeley boys.  Today is the first day of school!  So I'll take the twins to school & then spend my day with Trey, Masen & Ainslee.

Today is Nathan's 34th birthday!!  So we have our whole family coming tonight for supper to celebrate his special day!  


Gotta run.......
I hope you have a fantastic Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Wow!
    I love how your creative brain works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! This just popped up that you commented! HUGS!

      Delete