Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

Spotlighting with 'Peaceful Place'!

WOW- this is totally a Susie card!  I love it!  

This is a great card for a guy, sympathy, bithday, etc......

So this is card turned out totally nothing like I had planned when I started creating it.  I knew I wanted to do that Spotlighting Technique with this stamp set- 'Peaceful Place', but I had planned on coloring the circle piece using my Stampin' Blends.  But when I decided to use the Nature's Poem DSP, I decided to just make this a monochromatic layout. 
And it is a fun fold card too!!

This is another one of the cards that everyone attending my August monthly classes made with me this past week!  

Look at the pretty leaf embellishment!!  

And did you notice the knotted burlap?  
How did I do it?
  • I cut a piece of burlap ribbon approx. 3 1/2" long, cut it in half the long way- making sure to cut along one of the strings.  
  • I then tied it in a knot.  
  • And then pulled apart & frayed the strings.  
  • I added a glue dot to the back of the knot & attached it to the card. 
  • Neat huh!

Check out the supplies & the measurements below-
'Peaceful Place'- #146686 (w)= $30.00 or #146689 (c)= $22.00- pg. 59
card stock:
  • Soft Suede- #115318= $8.50- pg. 184- 5 1/2  6 1/2- score at 4 1/4; 2 3/4" strip; 3 1/2 x 4 1/2
  • Crumb Cake- #120953= $8.50- pg. 184-  4 x 5 1/4; 3 3/4 x 3/4
  • Whisper White- #100730= $9.75- pg. 184-  2 1/2" strip; 3 1/4 x 4 1/4
designer paper:  
  • Nature's Poem- #146338= $11.00- pg. 189
ink:  Soft Suede- ##147115= $7.50- pg. 184
other:   2 1/4" Circle Punch- #143720= $18.00- pg. 210
Big Shot- #143263- pg. 214= $110.00
Layering Circles Framelits- #141705= $35.00- pg. 218
Burlap ribbon- #141487= $7.00- pg. 200   3 1/2"- cut in half length wise & tie in a knot
Leaves Trinkets- #146343= $8.00- pg. 198
+++++++++
Yesterday was another great day of stamping!!!  I am just totally blessed with awesome friends that join me to stamp each month!  I so treasure the friendships & connections that I've developed by sharing my love of stamping over the past 17 years!  

Kathy & Darla were awesome hostesses!!  They had great treats & were awesome helpers!  We were done stamping, packed up & cleaned up in good time!  And we had an awesome group of friends that joined us for either the morning or afternoon class.

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home.  And then picked up a Casey's Pizza for our supper.  When we got done eating, Susie's Hair Hut was open for business, as we went up to Nathan's & I got Deke & Nathan's hair cut in the shop (since it was cooler in there).  My weekend was jam packed full & I was just exhausted last night when I finally got to bed. 

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to the courthouse for his weekly board meeting.  I'm up early to walk & then head to town to pick up the 3 Seeley boys.  We'll come home & Sarah will bring the 3 Wood kid down......they'll all spend the day with us.  And today is going to be a busy day, as we get more baby piggies around noon today too!! So the kids will all go out to the farm & help us.  Hopefully it all goes well!
Tonight when the kids have all gone home I will be working on getting orders entered & hopefully get a little stamping done too before I go to bed.

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment