Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

'Winter Woods' Holiday Catalog Sneak Peek!

Sparkly trees with snow on them!  Yes, they are pretty!  I definitely am not ready for winter though!  Although I do love this card!

This is a fun fold easel card that I created for my Iowa Inkers team meeting that I hostessed earlier this month!  

How did I do that?  

To add the sparkle I-
  • used my Multipurpose Glue
  • made some little dots- randomly all over the trees
  • scooped lots of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter all over it
  • tapped off excess Glitter
  • AND then let dry for approximately 1/2 hour.
Are you wondering why the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter looks green?  It is because I stamped the trees using my Classic Shaded Spruce ink pad.  The Classic ink pads are not permanent, thus they will run when they get wet.  Since the glue made the ink wet & then the Glitter was added over it- it made that added extra "WOW" to it.
 Here is what it look like when it is opened up!  It is a fun card for sure!
stamp set:  'Winter Woods'
cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White
designer paper: Under the Mistletoe
ink:  Shaded Spruce
other:  Linen Thread, Multipurpose Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Everyday Label Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
 ++++++++++
Yesterday was an early & busy day with the kids.  I put up my birthday banner & streamers & we all sang Happy Birthday to Brody & Drake as they walked in the door early yesterday morning.  We all had breakfast together & then headed to town to take the 3 big boys to school.  Then when they got off of the bus I had the twins Wood Cake (Crispix in an angel food cake pan with M&M sprinkled on top) for all of us to enjoy!  They then had their first FB game.....Drake got a touch down.  They both played good.  After their game we picked up a couple of Casey's pizza & ate together in our city park.  The kids had fun playing!  I know I did lots of under dogs, pushing them on the swings.  It was late when we got home.  I answered emails, placed a couple of orders & called it a night.
Image may contain: 2 people, tree, sky, child, grass, outdoor and nature
 Brody & Drake FB team & their coaches- Adam & their dad Steve. 
 Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting
Brody & Drake with their dog Addy.
 Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, child, table and outdoor
 Masen & Brody eating pizza at the park!
Image may contain: 3 people, including Nathan Wood and Amanda Seeley, people smiling, people sitting, child, table, outdoor and food
Brayden, Trey & Drake eating their pizza at the park!

This morning I'm up early to walk & head to town to Manda's.  I'll take the boys to school & then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  Tonight when they go home I have LOTS of stamping that needs to get done.  So hope I find a burst of energy to get alot accomplished.

I hope you have a GREAT Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment