Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

More- Color Your Season Bundle!

It is FABULOUS Friday & I have a pretty card for you!

Those of you that know me, know that I LOVE fall!!  

This is a clean & simple card, but I love the way it turned out!  It is a totally Susie card. 

How did I do it?
  • I stamped the leaves onto the Whisper White card stock using my Black Stazon pad.
  • Then using Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze & Old Olive & a separate sponge for all 3 colors- I lightly sponged the colors in various places to add color.  I tapped, tapped, tapped- LIGHTLY!
TIP:  Notice how the ink almost has little dots like......so it is important to make sure you lightly tap, tap, tap & don't push or rub or your color will turn out alot darker.
HERE IS ANOTHER TIP:
I didn't want my leaf to be all the way cut out.  So I CAREFULLY added a few dimensionals on the backside of the leave BEFORE I removed it from the framelit!  That way it would keep all of the pieces inside the leaf instead of them being cut out.  

stamp set: 'Blended Season'
card stock:  Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
ink:  Black Stazon, Old Olive, Cajun Craze & Crushed Curry
other:  Big Shot, Standard Platform, Stitched Seasons Framelits, Old Olive ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Sponge
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with kids.  In the morning, Brayden spent several hours outside helping Deke move feeder pigs out the nurseries & into the outside lot building.  Brayden was excited & Deke was happy to have the help.  So Ainslee & Masen went with me & we ran errands in town.  Then yesterday afternoon we enjoyed the nice weather again outside.  And when the kids went home I spent my night working on stamping stuff.

This morning I'm up early to walk & will then spend my day with the kids.  My uncle Larry is coming to visit all of us at my mom's later this morning.  He lives in McGregor & we only get to see him a few times a year.  So the kids & I run up there to visit for awhile. 

I'm not sure what we will end up doing tonight.  I need to stay home & stamp.  But Nathan wants to go to Columbus Junction & race.......so we'll see how our day goes & if Deke gets done moving pigs in time I might end up going with everyone.  We haven't raced there all yet & I really don't want to miss it.  

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment