Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

'Big Wishes'

I had hoped to get a cute birthday card created for Deke last night, so that I could share it on today's blog post- but that didn't happen.  Yesterday was a crazy day.  But today is Deke's birthday!!!  I told him when we went to bed last night that he will get a birthday card from me, it just might be a little late as I ran out of time to get one made.  He just laughed & said that was ok.  Hummm... guess he knows me too well!  
 
So today I'm sharing this fun card I did using the 'Big Wishes' stamp set!!  I did a watercolor wash, using a clear stamp block & my Stampin' Write Markers to add the colors!  What do you think?  I think it turned out cute!! 
How did I do it?
  • I stamped the words onto Watercolor Paper, using my Black Stazon ink pad.  
  • Then using a clear stamp block, I made diagonal lines with my Lovely Lipstick & Grapefruit Grove Stampin' Write Markers- directly onto the clear block.
  • Using my Stampin' Spritzer I lightly sprayed the block with the markers on it.
  • Then I pressed it down onto the stamped image/watercolor paper.  
  • I let it dry a little & then using my Grapefruit Grove Stampin' Write Marker I colored inside the words.  
on how I did this technique! 
I also used the 'Big Wishes' stamp set on it too!
stamp set:  'Big Wishes'
card stock:
  • Lovely Lipstick 
  • Grapefruit Grove
  • Watercolor Paper
designer paper:  2018-2020 IC Stampin' Write Markers:  2018-2020 IC
other: Pretty Label Punch, Faceted Buttons, Nature's Twine (Grapefruit Grove), Big Shot, Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder, Glue Dots , Dimensionals, Stampin' Sptritzer, Clear Block
 ++++++++++
Yesterday was a HOT & busy day with the kids.  We did go outside to play & swing for awhile.  I know that grandma is ready for cooler temps!  I am not a hot weather fan at all.  

When the kids went home last night I worked on bookwork & made a quick tirp to town to the grocery store & Dollar General, while Deke was gone to his meeting.  I then worked on more bookwork when I got home. 

This morning the 3 Wood kids will be here early & then the Seeley twins will be here mid morning for the day, as Trey has his 4 year check up.  

Tonight we'll all be going to watch the twins play baseball.  And then we are doing supper after the game with our family to celebrate Deke's birthday!  Sometime today I've got to get his cake baked too! 

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment