Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2018

A Father's Day Shirt card!!


Here is a blast from the past!!  Gosh- one of the first years I started stamping I made a card similar to this one.  I just couldn't resist making this gray card when I saw the new gray DSP in the Animal Expedition 12x12 pack.  

I always dread Father's Day, as it is always such a hard day.  Today is my dad's birthday & tomorrow is the anniversary of his death.  I always try hard to celebrate & appreciate the great dad's (Deke, Nathan & Steve) that we have in our family, but I SOOO miss him too!

This might end up being Nathan's Father's Day card, as he is the one in the family that dresses up the most due to his job. 

How did I do it?
Just follow these steps, along with the measurements too-
  • Basic Gray card stock base- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"= fold in half
  • Put the card in your Paper Cutter (long ways) at the 1 1/4" measurement & cut down to the 5"mark; lift your blade & cut again at the 7 3/4" to the end.
  •  Using your paper snips, cut off the back piece from the top end to the 4 1/4" fold line.
  •  This becomes becomes the front of the card- that makes the collar.

 
  • Bend the two corners inward- at a diagonal- like shown here.
  • The points will come together in the middle.
  • Next I made the tie using a 1 1/4" x 4" strip of DSP.  I made the tip pointed & then slightly angled each side to the top of the tie just a little.  
  • The knot of the tie is a 1 1/4" x 1/2" strip of DSP.
  • The pocket is a 1x1" square that I snipped off the 2 bottom corners slightly & then using my Basic Gray marker I made stitch marks around the pocket.  

  • I put dimensionals on the back of all 3 of these & stuck them to the front of the card.

  • I used glue dots to stick the corners of the collar (over the tie knot).

  • This is what it looks like when it is all assembled.

  • And here I added a 4 1/4 x 4" Whisper White piece of card stock to the inside & added my words.
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with pigs & kids.  Our trucker was late getting here yesterday morning, so Masen & Ainslee came before we were done loading.  Thankfully the weather was nice & they watched as we finished up.  I guess it all worked out ok.  The kids were thankfully really good!

Last night we went & got my Aunt Virginia & she went with us to watch Brody & Drake play baseball.  We got ice cream afterwards & then took Aunt Virginia back home.  When we got home, it was then time to get everyone ready for bed & call it a night.  As Masen & Ainslee are spending the night with us.  I hope the both sleep good. 

This morning we are up early.  I'll get the kids their breakfast & they will hang out with me again today.  Our house will smell yummy all day, as I'm cooking a roaster of cubed pork for us to eat tonight as we celebrate Trey's birthday.  There will be family on both the Wood & Seeley sides joining us.  His party is at Lake Belva Deer- just a few miles east of Sigourney.  The Seeley's are camping there this weekend.  So we'll have a fun evening with everyone & hopefully survive the heat.  I'll go get my Aunt Virginia again later this afternoon, so that she can go with us again tonight.  

I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment