Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

'Rooted in Nature'

This is probably my very favorite stamp set- 'Rooted in Nature', that is in the NEW Annual 2018-2019 Catalog.  It is so versatile & the images are just great!!  

This is a card that I did at a stamp class earlier this month.  It is clean & simple, yet just great!

I stamped the leaves 3 times without re-stamping them to give them lighter & darker shades.  And this NEW Shaded Spruce color is one of my new favorites too! 

You can see another card I shared a few weeks ago, with the same colors & stamp set.  It is very similar, but used a different image from this stamp set.  You can CHECK IT OUT HERE!

stamp set:  'Rooted in Nature'
card stock:  
  • Shaded Spruce- 4 1/4 x 11"
  • Crumb Cake- 2 3/4" strip for circle, 5 x 3 3/4"
  • Whisper White- 5 x 3 3/4" for outside, 5 x 3 3/4" for inside, 2 3/4" strip for circle
ink:  Shaded Spruce
other:  
  • Natures' Twin (set of 4 colors- I used the Crumb Cake)- 11"
  • Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Layering Circle Framelits 
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with pigs, baking, kids & racing.  Manda & her 3 boys were here for awhile yesterday morning & Susie's Hair Hut was open to give Trey a hair cut.  It was fun to see all of the boys together & they had fun.  Masen & Sarah rode in the truck/trailer with Deke to the races & met Nathan there.  I took Miss Ainslee with me.  It was hot sitting in the stands, as there wasn't any air moving.  And it was late when we got home last night.  I got the toys picked up, answered a few emails, did my blog post, got some supplies out for projects & finally called it a night.  We were both just beat.  As we didn't get much sleep the night before. 
 
Nathan got 5th in his heat & 2nd in the Stock Car main!  He is still using his back up car- which is really for short track racing......and he struggled with the set up in his heat.  He looked better in the main, as he stated in the 10th place & finished 2nd.  His friend, Derek from Missouri won!  Hopefully the guys can find time to get the other card put back together sometime soon. 
 
This morning I'm up early to walk & get ready to spend my day with the 2 little Wood kids.  Tonight I'll be burning the midnight oil stamping!
I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment