Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

WOO HOO!!! It is 'Big Wishes'!!

WOO HOO!!!  

I love the name of this stamp set!!  And I think all of the images in it are super cute!!!

This stamp set- 'Big Wishes' is a new stamp set in the annual catalog that starts tomorrow- June 1st, 2018!  

Do you need to create a fun fold birthday card to send to someone special?  This would be a great card to send them.  

I sure had fun creating this card.......keep reading & check out how I did it!
  1. Stamp the words onto Watercolor Paper, using Black Memento ink.
  2. Using a clear block & your Stampin' Write Markers- color onto your clear block, so that is looks like this picture. (I used my Call Me Clover & Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Markers.)
  3. Using your Stampin' Spritzer with water in it- lightly spray the Watercolor Paper.
  4. Then lightly spray the clear block too- so that you make the colors run together a little.
  5. Turn the inked side of the clear block over & press it down over the stamped words- see the photo below.
And this is what it looks like!  Neat huh!!

         6. I let the Watercolor Paper/stamped image dry a little.
         7. I then took my Pineapple Stampin' Write Marker & colored the candle all in. 
         8.  I tired my Call Me Clover ribbon over it & finished assembling my card.
It turned out cool!! 

The top flap flips up!  And the inside has a greeting that pulls up & it has room for you to add some cash or a gift card in to the little pocket too!
Here are the supplies & measurements that I used to create this card-
stamp set:  'Big Wishes'
card stock:
  • Call Me Clover-   4 1/4 x 11- score at 2" & 7 1/2"; 3 x 3 1/2"
  • Blueberry Bushel-4 x 1 3/4"; 4 x 3 1/2"
  • Watercolor Paper-3 1/4 x 2 3/4"
  • THICK Whisper White- 5 1/4" x 3 1/4"- score at 1/2" & use tear & tape to adhere to the inside top flap
designer paper:  Garden Impression 6x6 stack- 4 x 3/4"
ink:  Black Memento, Blueberry Bushel
Stampin' Write Markers:  Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover, Pineapple Punch
other:  Call me Clover Ribbon, Wink of Stella, Clear Block. Stampin' Spritzer, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape

Check out the RIBBON-
Call Me Clover ribbon- 3 1/4"- wrap around bottom of words & adhere with tear & tape to stick it to each edge on the back side.  Then I used a 5" piece of ribbon, folded it in half & tied it in a knot- clipping the ends.  I then stuck it over the ribbon strip using a Glue Dot.
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  We went outside to play for awhile in the morning  & enjoyed it before it got too hot out.

Then last night we all went to the races to cheer on Nathan.  The guys worked late hours in the shop getting things ready to go!  He ended up winning his heat & got 4th in the main.  Not bad for driving his old car, as the good one was the one that was wrecked bad last week.  

 It was kids night at the races.  Nathan & Sarah donated 2 bikes for the kids drawing.  Ainslee stayed home with her other grandma & Masen & I rode in the truck/trailer with Deke.  We meet Manda & her boys there.  Manda & I helped Sarah get the kids all signed up & things lined up for the bike drawings before the races started.   There were a total of 38 total kids bikes/trikes that were donated.  It was a huge success!!  Sarah did a great job in making it all run super smoothly.  Masen & Brody were both lucky bike winners too!

I will have kids today, but not sure how many or when yet they are coming.  Then tonight all 3 big boys have ball games again, so we'll be going to them & I think I have to help out in the pop house. 

I hope you have a very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment