Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

A Brusho "Butterfly"!

Look at the sparkles on this butterfly!!  It is just beautiful in person!!  I love it!  And so did lots of the ladies that have made it so far at my May monthly classes. 
NOTES:  
-On the solid piece of Glimmer I have shown here- I used the Yellow & the Gamboge Brusho colors.  -On the Glimmer piece above that I have the butterfly cut out of, I used the Red & Yellow Brusho colors.

Check out the Glimmer Butterfly on my card.  
Here is how you make the butterfly-
  • Cut a 3x3" piece of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
  • Sprinkle the Brilliant Red Brusho onto it.
  • Take a Spritzer with alcohol & sprayed onto the Glimmer Paper/Brusho combination.
  • Let it dry for about 1 hour.
  • Then with the Glimmer side down on your Big shot & the butterfly framelit (cutting side down) onto the slick back side of the Glimmer paper- run it through the Big Shot.
In my opinions I found:
-That the Red Brusho with the Alcohol spritzed on it alone, did not blend well & leave a vibrant color on the Glimmer paper.  I did re-wet/spray it several times with the alcohol & I took a sponge duaber & worked in the Red Brusho, so that it wasn't in a cluster.  When I added the Yellow Brusho with it-it  blended a little better & added some more color to the Glimmer.  But my favorite was when I combined the Yellow & the Camboge Brusho colors, as the blended well & showed more vibrant colors. But those colors didn't go with this card- but it sure would work well for another color combination of So Saffron & Pumpkin Pie or even Calypso Coral!  (hint! hint!)

No matter how many times you do this technique- it will NEVER turn out to be the exact same look!  Each piece has it's own/individual look!
So everyone joining me at my 4 stamp classes this weekend will be making this butterfly card with me!  
 
stamp sets:  'Perennial Birthday' & 'Touches of Texture'
card stock:
  • Basic Black-- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"; 2 3/4" strip; 4 1/4 x 3 1/4"; 1/2 x 4 1/4"
  • Rose Red- 4 x 5 1/4"; 2 1/2 x 1"; 4x3"- RETIRING
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer- 3x3"
ink:  Archival Basic Black- RETIRING
other:  1 3/4" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, You Move Me Thinlits (for the butterfly), Dimensionals
++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  Last night Deke went to Brayden's ballgame (and they lost 6-3).  I stayed home & burnt the midnight oil cutting card stock.  It was a short night- as we are up at 4:30 this morning to mark, sort & load hogs.  One semi is to be here at 5:30 & the other one at 6:30.  Hope they are on time & everything goes well.  Deke will then chore & he is off to a meeting.  I'll spend my day with the 3 little ones.  And then tonight I have a house full joining me to stamp!  And I'll go to bed as soon as everyone has gone home.  As tomorrow morning I have another stamp class here at our home to get all ready for. 
 
Gotta run......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment