Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gently Falling Leaf

Good morning!
This is a card that my downline Dawn Klein brought to our meeting last weekend as her shoe box swap.  I stamped the card, but the original idea came from her.   Isn't it cool!


The leaf was stamped with Black Stazon, then using blender pens & ink from inside lid tops of the ink pads I colored the veins Cajun Craze; filled in the leaf with some Old Olive; & then took a sponge with Summer Starfruit & rubbed it over the leaf to blend all of the colors. 



 'Gently Falling', 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' & 'Woodgrain' background stamp
cs:  Cajun Crazy, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
ink: Black Stazon. Soft Suede, Cajun Craze & Old Olive
supplies: sponges, blender pens, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Word Window Punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, 1/4" Stitched Early Espresso ribbon, 3/8" Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon, Designer Ribbon Slides, Crystal Effects

Notes:  
*We made a square card stock mask to put over the stamped leaf so that when we stamped the Woodgrain background it wouldn't be over the top of the leaf. 
*We made the "window" around the leaf by scoring with the Scoring Tool.  
*We "aged" the card front by sponging over the Woodgrain image using Soft Suede ink.
*Dawn had her words stamped directly on her card, but I got mine crooked so I covered that by using the Word Window & punching out my words.

THANKS DAWN for a sharing your beautiful card at our meeting!

Sharlene had a wonderful workshop yesterday!  I so enjoyed my afternoon stamping with her & her friends.  Her co-worker Julie & her daughter Morgan came (whom I've never met).   It was a totally all hands-on class & I think they all enjoyed getting to use the Big Shot to cut & emboss with.  It was an afternoon of great company, fun projects & yummy snacks.  THANKS SHARLENE for being a hostess & inviting me into your home to share my love of stamping!

I am home today!   YIPEE!!  I have to get projects from September all unpacked & put back away before I can start stamping.  But I have tons to do.  I have to get my Christmas card class figured out & created; I have my October workshops I need to get figured out & created; & I have to figure out my upcoming Stamp 'Til You Cramp projects too!!  There isn't enough hours in the day today to get it all done but I pray I have good mojo & get alot accomplished. 

Hope you have a great day!!
Happy Stamping!
ENJOY!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment