Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

A cute little Halloween treat!

Good morning!

Wow......Sharlene is having a stampin' party today!  I have 4 cards, a 2 page scrapbook layout & Halloween 3D item to share with her & her friends.  I am excited to spend my afternoon with them!  

Here is a cute little Halloween treat!  At Founders Jill Olsen showed us these little containers that she had made.  Aren't they so totally adorable!  The top & bottom of them are our button/brad clear containers.  I added sticky strip to the outside of them & wrapped designer paper around them; then used our clear window sheet as the center to make the container & decorated it.

 'Wicked Cool' & 'Spooky Bingo Bits'
cs:  Basic Black, Tangerine Tango & Very Vanilla
Howlstooth & Scaring Bone Designer Paper
Window sheets
ink: Black Stazon, Tangerine Tango
supplies:  2 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/4 scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensional, googlies, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, paper snips, glue dot
The 2 1/2" circle punch fits perfectly on top of the clear button/brad containers.
And I filled the container full of candy, put the lid on & secured it with tying ribbon around it!
Such a cleaver idea & a great way to recycle.

Yesterday the twins & I were on the go all day!  We ran errands in the morning with Deke, then my sister Barbie stopped by to visit us in the afternoon.  It was great to see her & have her help out.  We went on a walk & swang on the swing set.  We were outside the majority of the day enjoying the beautiful fall day!  The guys went racing last night & I worked on my Stampin' stuff.

Nineteen years ago yesterday we moved into our home.  We had a bull snake problem in our old house due to a collapsed wall in our basement & to make a long story short- we didn't want to live with snakes & couldn't get rid of them.  So we built a new home right across the driveway from our old 2 story farm house.  It was quite an adjustment moving from a huge house to a tiny house.  But it is so much more energy efficient.  Our home is a berm home & put into the side of the hill.  You can step about 1 foot up on the back side of it & be on our roof.  My mother & father-in-laws live right behind us.   I love our cozy home & love living in the country here on our farm.
Here is a photo of our home.  You can't see them in this photo, but the trees in my in-laws yard behind our home are just beautiful with lots of different colors.  I have our yard decorated with pumpkins, a scarecrow & mums.  Usually I have a corn stalk husk & corn hanging on the fence- but since there is a shortage of the corn crop this year & it is so high priced I couldn't waste it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Stamping!
ENJOY!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment