Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Cutest Halloween Tombstone Treat Box- 8 weeks to Halloween countdown!

 I LOVE IT!!!!!
Isn't this just totally adorable!!
This is a totally Susie project!
Check out my HAUNTED DRESSER I MADE! 

You can CLICK on the links below to see my other Halloween countdown projects.
 
So.....keep reading to see how I created this!
This is a Tombstone Treat Box found on page 51 in the Holiday Mini.
And look how I repurposed it into a dresser box!
CUTE HUH!
These are the Tombstone Treat Boxes- page 51 Holiday Mini
#156486= $10.00 for 8 boxes.
NOTE that these boxes are slightly different sized so that they can slide together.
When they come in the package there will be 8 larger boxes on the bottom
& 8 smaller boxes on the top.
 
The boxes already have the adhesive strips on them & are pre-scored.
All you have to do is fold, peel the adhesive strip tape off & stick them together!
It is sooooo easy to do!
 
How did I make this dresser?
On both of the boxes I snipped in like this along the bottom edge
to make the "LEGS" of my dresser.
I added Tear & Tape to this little flap & stuck it to the bottom of the dresser.
I used my Whisper White Craft ink pad & stamped Spider Webs
onto the box front.
I then put White Embossing Powder onto it & heat set it with the Heat Tool.
*NOTE- be sure you use our hands to put pressure on the underside of the box
when you are stamping the webs.  If you don't get a good image you can quickly wipe
it off with a kleenex & restamp them!
 
TIP:
IF you have an Embossing Buddy- I recommend you use it on the box before you stamp.
We use to carry Embossing Buddies, but no longer do- I'm sorry!
 Look how I used my scissors & cut the back top part off here.  
I used my Basic Gray card stock & cut 3 strips-
3/4 x 2 3/4" each.
I sponged around the 4 edges of each of them with my 
Whisper White Craft Ink pad.
I added dimensionals to them & put them onto the dresser front.
I added Black Matte Dots on the end of each of them for the 
dresser drawer knobs.
I added dimensionals on the back of the 2 front ghosts
& the back ghost is hiding behind the dresser top!
NOTE:  The front dresser piece is the larger of the 2 boxes.
It slides over the top of the smaller one in the back.
This is what it looks like from the side.
This is what it looks like from the back view.
So what do you think?
I'd love for you to leave me a comment & let me know!
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp sets:  'Cutest Halloween' (ghosts); 'Frightfully Cute' (spider); 'Banner Year' (Boo & Spider Webs)
card stock:
  • Tombstone Treat Boxes- to make dresser
  • Basic Gray- 3/4 x 2 3/4" (x3) for drawers
  • Basic White- 2" strip- stamp ghosts & punch out
inks:  Memento; Whisper White Craft Ink
other:  White Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Black Matte Dots; Halloween Punch; dimensionals; Tear & Tape

I hope you have a very SPECIAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

3 comments: