Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Wood Chip Christmas Ornament using Peaceful Cabins

OH my gosh....I'm so excited about this........
Check out this adorable Christmas ornament that I made!
This is a totally Susie project & I just LOVE it!
 
This is one of the many holiday projects everyone attending my
upcoming Holiday Extravaganza will be making at my class.

In the next few weeks I'll be posting the different projects that I designed for
my Annual Holiday Extravaganza class.
So be sure you check back often so you can see everything!
This is approximately a 3 1/2" wood chip that I stamped onto.

I used the 'Peaceful Cabins' stamp set, along with the tree from 
the 'Evergreen Elegance' stamp set.  And the words are from 
the 'Peaceful Deer' stamp set!
 
Notice the glitter!
I just thought it had to have some SNOW on it.
I used the RETIRED Ice Stampin' Glitter from last years Holiday Catalog
& applied it with my Multipurpose Glue.

I used these these Stampin' Up! Classic Ink Pad colors of inks:  
Soft Suede, Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler.

I drew the smoky coming from the chimney with my Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.
 
IMPORTANT- BE SURE YOU USE:
Classic Ink Pads & Stampin' Write Markers on this soft wood, as they didn't bled & worked great!
 
DO NOT USE Stampin' Blends or Memento ink on this exact soft wood chip.
I tried drawing the chimney smoke using my Soft Suede Stampin' Blend, 
but it bled really badly- so I recommend that if you stamp onto a wood slice like 
this that you test it on a sample before you ruin your entire project,  
have to throw it away & have to start all over with another wood slice. 
So what do you think?
I'd love for you to leave me a comment about it.
 
NOTE:  To get the 2 colors of green on the trees,
I stamped the tree on the edge first full strength.
I then reinked the tree, stamped it off onto my grid paper
& then stamped it onto the wood chip with it being slightly onto the edge of the dark tree. 
 
stamp sets:  'Peaceful Cabin'; 'Evergreen Elegance' & 'Peaceful Deer'
inks:  Soft Suede; Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler
Stampin' Write Marker:  Soft Suede
other:  Multipurpose Glue
retired:  Ice Stampin' Glitter

TO REMOVE the Stampin' Blend chimney smoke that bled & I didn't like, 
I tried to remove it.
How did I do that?  
 I did spray 91% alcohol onto my wood chip- over the Stampin' Blend smoky lines, 
rubbed it with my finger & let it dry!
It worked ok on my wood slice, as you can now barely see it-  
but the photos are NOT the wood chip that I sprayed the alcohol onto.
 
I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

16 comments:

  1. Love it! Can’t wait to make some for my family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like it Carol! Happy Stamping!!!

      Delete
  2. A really great idea, especially for me since I have moved from my last place of 18+ years and many to keep in touch with. I am surprised he inks didn't bleed a little. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Stampin' Up! Classic ink pads & they worked great! As noted above when I tried to use Alcohol based Stampin' Blends on the wood slice it bled badly. So just be sure you test your wood slice.

      Delete
  3. Would you share who you bought them from. There are many on Amazon, your's look so good. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is 3 1/2". Honestly I don't remember, as I've had them awhile. And I have different chips of various sizes & just pick them up for crafting.

      Delete
  4. Dis you stamp on the wood? How about the about the white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- I stamped directly onto the wood. I gave tips above in my post on how to do that. White? There is no white in it other than the glitter I added.

      Delete
  5. Why did you spray the ornament with 91% alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it in an empty SU! Stampin Mist Spray bottle I had.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the clarification. I will be trying this. I hope mine look as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Practice on paper first. Make sure you are inked up good & first pressure & hold a few seconds when you stamp! You'll do fine! Good luck & happy stamping!

      Delete
  7. Love this! What does the 91% alcohol do? Is it a sealer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No- The 19% alcohol was for my mistake- to REMOVE the Stampin' Blend that BLED & I wanted to remove it from the ornament. This is NOT a sealer. Do not use it on your ornament. You could use a spray on clear sealer if you want, but I didn't seal mine. Don't use Stampin' Blends on this type of soft wood, as it will bled. The Classic Ink pads & Stampin' Write Markers are what you want to use! :)

      Delete
  8. Susie, this is so awesome! I do a rustic Christmas tree and this will be a beautiful addition! Thank you for sharing! You did a great job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I am glad that you like it!! Have fun creating one!! Happy Stamping! Hugs-
      SUSIE

      Delete