Pages

Friday, February 21, 2020

My gnome!

Last Friday on Valentines Day I shared this cute Valentines Gnome that I made for the kids.

On my post that day I said that I'd share measurements 
& details about this fun fold flat box card.
So read on to find out HOW I DID IT!
And then I hope you try to make one too!
  • Start with card stock- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2", 6 1/2", 9" & 10"
  • Add  Tear & Tape to the end- like shown.
  • Use your Bone Folder & fold "good" on all of the scored lines.
  • Remove the Tear & Tape.
  • Fold it like down like this.  Notice that the Tear & Tape score line, PLUS the next score line are folded under here.
  • Now press down to stick it shut.  
  • THIS now forms the box.
  •  This is what it looks like when it is now opened up.

  • Now adhere your DSP onto it.  The heart image piece is- 4 x 2 1/4".  The striped image piece is- 4 x 2 3/4".

  • You can now add the next piece.  It measures- 5 1/4 x 2 3/4"- score at 3 7/8" & 4 7/8".  
  • Add Tear & Tape to the end.
  • Use your Bone Folder & fold good on all of the scored lines.  

  • Flip this over & add 2 strips of Tear & Tape as shown in this photo, to the other side.
  • Fold it likes this & remove the 3 strips of Tear & Tape.
  • Push your base card all down so that is it laying flat.
  • Be sure that you have the little card stock piece you are adding on, so that it is folded like shown above.  
  • The 3 strips of Tear & Tape are all facing down.  
  • It is important that you line up the right end so that you have it aligned to match up with the edge of the striped designer paper.
  • BE SURE you have it centered straight onto your flat card base.
  • PRESS DOWN.
  • It is now time to add your decorated part.  I used the 2 largest stitched rectangles from the So Sweetly Stitched Dies.  
  • I used all punches to make my gnome-
  1. Pine Tree Punch (hat)
  2. Large Ornament Punch (beard)
  3. Perennial Flower Punch- (feet)
  4. 1/2" Circle Punch- (nose)
  5. Dog Builder Punch- (small heart)
  • I cut the bottom of the tree off like this for his hat.
  •  I cut the tip off of the Large Ornament, like this- for his beard.
  •  I cut the top off of one petal on the Perennial Flower Punch, like this- for his feet.
  •  It is now finished!
  • And this is how adorable it is when it is assembled & standing up!!  
I hope my tutorial has been helpful & you can now make your own 
flat fold box card & a cute little gnome too! 
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment: