Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

'Rooted in Nature'

Here is a beautiful, yet simple card!!  It was one of the shoe box swaps that I provided for my team meeting that I had at our house last Saturday!!  

I copied this card from my downline Rory, whom now lives in the upper part of the state of New York. She is an amazing stamper & sent a card like this to me last week.  I just loved it & had to make it!  She said that she used her new favorite color- Mango Melody when creating this card!  I agree with her......it is one of my new favorite colors too!!  And this 'Rooted in Nature' is one of new favorite stamp sets too!

It is so easy & fun to make this card!  And the end results are this amazing sunset!
stamp set:  'Rooted in Nature'
card stock:  Mango Melody, Whisper White
inks:  Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Mango Melody & Black Memento
other:  Blackberry Bliss from the Nature's Twine, Glue Dot, sponge, post-it-notes

How do you do it?
  • Using post-it- notes- I put them along both edges on the front of this card- making a line approx. 1 3/4" wide.
  • Using a sponge- I inked it in Rich Razzleberry & rubbed it in circular motion, across the top 1/3 of the space.
  • I then inked another sponge & rubbed Highland Heather in circular motion across the middle 1/3 of the space.
  • I then inked another sponge & rubbed Mango Melody in circlular motion across the bottom of 1/3 of the space.
  • Then using my Black Memento ink pad I stamped the tree & then the words.
NOTE:  You do want to blend your inks at the line where you switch colors, so that doesn't show as a definite line.

++++++++++
Yesterday I got up early & walked & then was gone most of the day.  One of our friends- Jenny & her daughter Maci were visiting Manda & the boys, so I went to town to see all of them for while.  I then went to Osky to deposit a hog check, get a few groceries, make a quick stop at Walmart & go to my eye dr to get my glasses fixed & adjusted. 

The Seeley family came out for awhile last night & set off some fireworks!  I placed orders & worked on stamping stuff & then called it a night.

I'm up early to walk & will then be headed out for the morning.  My mom is coming down & we are going to Fairfield to get a few things done.  When I get home I'll work on stamping stuff for awhile.  And then tonight we are going to Sigourney to the 4th of July festivities.  The boys are doing the Petal Tractor Pull & some other things too!  

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment