Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Graceful Glass vellum

WOW- have you seen the cool stained glass vellum called Graceful Glass? And the coordinating 'Painted Glass' stamp set that are in the catalog on pages 164 & 165?  Be sure you check them out!
This is a beautiful card that I did at a class last weekend.  It turned out sooooo pretty!!  I used the new purples- Highland Heather & Gorgeous Grape, along with my NEW Stampin Blends that I just got.  Check out below what colors of NEW Stampin' Blends I used!

It is clean & simple, yet very elegant!  I love the way it turned out!  

Here are some tips-
The vellum is black/raised embossed on one side.  So if you want your colors to be brighter, then color on the front side.  If you want your colors to be lighter or more subtle, then color on the back side.  

On this card here I did color on the back side of it, as I wanted it to be more a true stained glass look.  I also added some Whisper White card stock behind the vellum to make it look more realistic too.  

I shared this idea at my class- Barn Quilt painting is big in our area right now.  This is where you paint a quilt pattern onto a wooden board (approx. 20" x 20" & use it as decor in your yard or inside your home.  I think that you could totally change the 'idea' of this vellum, by adding colored card stock behind it & making it more vibrant by coloring on the front side of the vellum.  Thus, you could make it look more like a barn quilt than a stained glass window!!  So stay tuned......I hope to find time on Sunday to do a little stamping & want to try this out!  Manda & I did a fund raising barn quilt painting class a couple of weeks ago & I'll share photos of the ones I painted for me & for Sarah too!

Here are the supplies & the measurements for you-
stamp set:  'Painted Glass'
card stock: 
  • Highland Heather- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
  • Gorgeous Grape- 3 3/4 x 3 3/4"; 3 x 1 1/4"
  • Whisper White- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"; 2 3/4 x 1"; 4 x 5 1/4"- for the inside of the card
designer paper:  Graceful Glass- approx. 3x3"; strip of the diamond pattern- approx. 3/4 x 4 1/4"
ink:  Black Stazon
Stampin' Blends: Dark & Light Highland Heather, Dark Pineapple Punch, Light Granny Apple Green

other: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, (Gorgeous Grape) Glitter Enamel Dots

+++++++++
Yesterday was a very LONG day with pigs & kids.  We all went to the races.  The boys were really good.  Deke, his brother Doug & Nathan have been putting LOTS of hours & time into getting the wrecked car fixed.  It is now back & is black in color.  I looked good!  Nathan won his heat.  He started 12th in the main & ended up 3rd.  So it was a good night!!  There was a big crowd of cars & big crowd of fans in the stands!

I'm up early this morning to walk & will spend my day with the 2 Wood kids.  When they go home tonight I'm going to be burning the midnight oil stamping.  I have stamp classes this weekend!!!

I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment