Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Susie's FAUX Bokeh technique card-

This is one of the cards that everyone stamping with me this week at my April classes got to create or will be creating.  I LOVE IT!  Don't you?

It is what I call a faux bokeh technique.  What is bokeh- pronounced Bouquet??  Here is a definition that I found to help explain it.  It is generally a photography term that has become the rage in stamping for awhile.  Normally it is pretty messy- so I came up with this version to make it stamp friendly to be able to mass produce & use in a workshop setting.


Bokeh Origins
The term originates from the Japanese word 'boke' meaning blur. Not simply about the circles of light produced in out of focus areas when photographing highlights, bokeh arises from the aesthetic quality of the overall blur. Good bokeh is appealing to the eye, it can not only make the subject stand out from the background but add a very pleasing visual effect. Done well, bokeh produces soft round shapes and smooth lines but beware, bad bokeh can add a harsh quality to an image. The soft curves and hard lines may produce double lines - creating a distraction to the eye and making the image less visually appealing.
stamp set: 'Big On You' & 'Geometrical' & 'Hello Here'
(I only used the circles out of the 'Geometrical' & 'Hello Here' stamp sets)
card stock:  Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
ink:  Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, White Craft pad
supplies:  Soft Sky 1/4" Seam Binding ribbon, dimensionals, glue dot

Often times when doing the bokeh stamping technique- different sized circles are cut using the circle framelit on a window sheet to make a template & then a sponge or sponge daubers are used to color inside the cut out circles.  I did my card using circle stamps instead to make it faster to do & not as messy to do for a class with several people creating at one time. 
+++++
Last night I burnt the midnight oil getting ready for my monthly class that I have on Sunday.  Karen & Kathy are my hostesses.  We have a big group coming!!!  Woo hoo!  I can't wait to see everyone & share.

Deke worked in the field all night again & hopefully he is done soon.  

Nathan, Sarah, Mark & Trevor went racing.  Nathan looked good again.  He started 11th in the main & finished 2nd.  Yeah.....he's getting this car figured out.  I am sad that I have only made it to one race all year so far. I hate missing them.  I just have too much to try to keep up with right now.  Hopefully sometime soon I'll get there.  I know it won't be this next week.....I'm gonna be a busy bee creating & cutting for my upcoming Spring Fling that I am having next Saturday!!  

So I'll be stamping all day/night!!  I pray that I have good mojo creating projects for my Spring Fling!

I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment