Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thinking of you.....

Good morning.....
Deke's Aunt Pat was hospitalized 1 1/2 weeks ago.  (She hadn't been sick before that.)
She has ovarian cancer that has spread to her liver.  Her kidneys & body are shutting down.  They put her in hospice yesterday.  So we went to visit her last night.  Today is her 59th birthday. (She is so young.)   It is just so sad.....I grew up next to Deke's grandma & Aunt Pat.  We moved next to them when I was in 1st grade.  I have many fond memories of playing at their home when I was young, plus all of the memories since I've become part of the family too so many years ago.
Please keep Pat & her family in your prayers.

This is a card that I am doing at my 40 card class.
It is a simple but elegant card that could be used for many different occasions.

'Just Thinking'
cs:  Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Summer Smooches Designer Paper
ink:  Island Indigo
supplies:  Big Shot, Window Framelits, Square Lattice Folder, 3/8" Ruffled Island Indigo ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots
It was just 3 weeks ago that Brody had his surgery.
He is now bandage free!
His incision is healing well.
His hair is starting to grow back.
He acts totally normal.
We count our blessings each day!

I still have lots of card stock to get cut!
But I'm sure looking forward to stamping with everyone that is joining me on Saturday for my 'All Occasions' Card Class though. 

Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment