Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thinking of my dad today.......


Today is a bitter sweet day........as it is my dad's birthday!  We lost him 6 years ago tomorrow.....I know- yes on Father's Day.  A terrible day that we will never forget.  We miss my dad so much!!  I think of him every day.  I so wish he was here to see our grandchildren & spend time with us as he use to.  He would LOVE all 3 of the boys- Brayden, Brody & Drake!  We talk about my dad all of the time.  Brayden never got to meet Papa John- which is so sad, as they would have been great buddies!!!  But believe me- Brayden knows Papa John.  He knows his favorite songs, his favorite foods, his sayings, his favorite color, etc.  I love hearing Brayden bring dad up when we are doing something that he knows dad would have loved!  Dad was an avid racing fan too!!  He hardly ever missed a night of racing with our family.  Every night that Nathan races I say a few prayers as he goes out onto the track & I always put the guardian angel of Papa John on his shoulder.  Believe me- I do believe my dad is Nathan's guardian angel on the trace track, as there has been times when things happened that really should have been so much worse than they were & we were lucky & they weren't.   I know my dad is gone but I also know he is still with us!

Dad- I Will Always Love You- that wonderful Dolly Parton song (that you loved & we played at your funeral).  Thank you for all of your love, support & things you taught me to help mold me into the person that I am today!!

I Will Always Love You Dad!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment