Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

More butterflies.....

HI!
Here is a pretty card that I did at my New Catalog Open Houses this month.  You can't really tell from the photo, but it opens in two different directions.  Neat huh!  I got my inspiration in making this card from one that I saw that my friend LeeAnn Greff had done.  I will try to find time to CASE her card & post it too so you can see it.

'Papaya Collage' & 'Petite Pairs'
cs:  Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Whisper White
ink:  Raspberry Ripple & Gumball Greeen
supplies:  Big Shot, Fancy Favor embossing folder, white gel pen, Large Oval punch, scallop edge border punch, Gumball Green 3/8" stitched satin ribbon, rhinestones, dimensionals, glue dot

Notice that the leaves & the butterflies were shadow stamped.  This means that I inked the stamp one time & then stamped the image multiple times without re-inking the stamp to give the image a lighter or shadowed effect.

The 'Papaya Collage' stamp set was one of the stamp sets that demonstrators could preorder in May, so that we'd have it to be able to start June out with new catalog products for our workshops.  I have to be honest- it wasn't a set that I particularly cared for, but I have to say after I've played with it & made several different cards with it I really like it!!!  It has a lot of versatility!!  :)

NOTE:  The NEW Elegant Butterfly punch will work with the butterfly in this stamp set!!!  YEAH!

We raced last night & got home late so the twins spent the night here since Manda had training in Ottumwa early this morning.  So- Grandma is being paged- I'd better run.  I'm going to enjoy another fun day with 2 of my boys!  Tonight we race again.  We are going to race in Eldon for their fair race.  Hope Nathan has good luck!!

Have a fabulous day!!!
ENJOY!
Happy Stamping!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment