Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Santa Expresss Wiper Card- WOW!

 WOW!
Check out this fun wiper card I made using the Santa Express DSP!
It is sooo stinkin' cute in person!
I have made many wiper cards over the years, but 
I haven't made one for a few years.
 
My inspiration came from a card that I got
from my demonstrator friend Laura Barto.
I made the Santa Express DSP be my main focus on the whole card.
I love it when Stampin' Up! coordinates their DSP with their dies together,
so that you can die cut several images right from the DSP!
And as you open up the card- the penguin pops up!
This is what it looks like when the card is completely opened up!!
 
COOL HUH!
I think it is just adorable!
I made 4 of these Santa Express Wiper cards!
For the backside I could have used a whole 4 x 5 1/4" piece of 
Basic White card stock for my greeting, but I just used this scrap piece I had!
 
How did I make the wiper?
 1.  Take a piece of card stock that measures 1 x 2" & score it diagonally
from the top right corner to the center bottom edge as shown to make a tab.
2.  Attach this tab to the top side of the accordion fold by adding adhesive 
onto the triangle part only & stick it down as shown above.
3.  This tab is the part that you can now add the pop up penguin/post/sign onto!
4.  See how I folded the tab downward & attached the post/sign/penguin onto it.
MAKE SURE that you have whatever you are attaching to the tab be facing upward. 
When adhered together  this all lays completely FLAT when the card is folded shut.
5.  I attached this bottom z fold strip to the z fold card base at both ends
& the center is all open & not attached to anything.
 Here is a view from the top when the card is standing up!
Notice how the 2 z fold pieces are attached to each other on the ends only.
By looking at it this way is kinda forms an open center box.
 
And here is an interesting thought when assembling this card-
Both the z fold base & the z fold strip are score identically.
BUT you just flip the strip over so that it folds in the opposite direction.
 Neat Huh!
The z fold card base is- 4 1/4 x 8 1/2"- scored at 5 1/2" & 7".
The front z fold strip is- 2 x 8 1/2"- scored at 5 1/2 & 7" & 
then you just flip it over- which then makes the z folds at 1 1/2" & 3".
Almost all the images on this card are die cut from the Santa Express DSP.
 
I stamped these images- 
  • Special Delivery words for the sign
  • Penguin- colored him with Stampin' Blends & die cut him.
  • Puffs of smoke- colored them with Stampin' Blends & die cut out.
  • Santa Claus is coming to town words. 
  • Merry Christmas words on the back side.
NOTE:  The Railroad Track was just die cut from Basic Black CS.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements for the card.
stamp set:  Santa's Delivery- words for sign; penguin; puffs of smoke
card stock:
  • Poppy Parade- 4 1/4 x 8 1/2"- score at 5 1/2" & 7"
  • Poppy Parade- 2 x 8 1/2"- score at 5 1/2 & 7" & then flip the card stock over, which makes the scored lines at 1 1/2 & 3"
  • Basic Black- 1 x 5 1/2" strip- die cut train track
  • Soft Suede- 1/2 x 2"- for post
  • Granny Apple Green- 1 1/4 x 1 3/4"- stamp words onto for sign
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- attached the 3 x 5 1/4" piece of DSP that has hills, trees & candy cane print onto & put this on the inside left side of the card base.
  • Basic White- 1 3/4 x 5 1/4"- stamped greeting onto this & attached to the bottom back side of the card
  • Basic White- 2" strip- stamp smoke puffs & penguin onto- color them with Stampin' Blends & die cut them out
  • White Glimmer Paper- 3/4 x 5 1/4"; 3/4 x 1 1/2" (x2)- I slightly tore off with my fingers a little bit along the top edges of these pieces so that it looked more like snow.
designer paper:  Santa Express DSP-
  • 3 x 5 1/4" & 1 1/4 x 3"- the hills, tree, candy cane print
  • train
  • train cars
  • post
ink:  Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Light Pool Party (for smoke puffs); Light Basic Black & Dark Pumpkin Pie for penguin
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Santa's Train Dies; Tear & Tape; Adhesive Backed Stars; dimensionals; glue dots; Wink of Stella (for Santa's beard); Simple Scored Scoring Tool
 
If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me.

I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment