Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Christmas Wooden Sled Ornament

WOW!
This is a wooden Christmas ornament that I decorated!
I bought the wooden sled at Dollar Tree
& then decorated it with Stampin' Up! supplies.
Isn't it just sooooo cute!
I love the way it turned out!
 
 The wooden sled measures approx. 3 1/2" x 8 1/2".
How did I cut the black & white plaid DSP to go over the sled?
*I laid the sled upside down onto a piece of Basic White card stock
& traced around it to make a pattern.
*I then cut that Basic White pattern out with my scissors 
& used that to trace around- directly onto my black & white plaid DSP.
*I then cut out the black & white plaid DSP with my scissors.
Here is what my pattern looked like.
This photo shows you the one that I traced & then the one that I cut out with scissors.
This is what I used to trace around on the black & white plaid with a pencil
& then cut that out with scissors.
I used my Multi-purpose Liquid Glue to adhere the black & white plaid
onto the wooden sled front.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements.
stamp set:  'Christmas Barn' (words)
card stock:
  • Basic White- 4 x 6" to trace around sled & cut out with scissors to make the pattern to use to cut out the black & white plaid DSP
  • Basic Black- 3 1/2" strip- die cut stitched circle
  • Crumb Cake- 2" strip- stamp words onto using Memento ink & die cut out
  • Crumb Cake- 2" strip- die cut pine cones
  • Soft Suede- 2" strip- add Adhesive Sheets to the back side of this & die cut the detailed part of the pine cones
  • Old Olive- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"- die cut pine leaves- NOTE:  I did cut apart the pines with scissors & layered onto each other, attaching under the pine cones with Glue Dots.
  • Real Red- 3/4" strip- punch out small heart
designer paper:  Gingham Cottage DSP- black & white plaid- 4 x 6"- trace sled onto using pattern & cut out with scissors
ink:  Memento
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Christmas Pinecone Dies; Stylish Shapes Dies; Barn Dies (to cut out words); Textural Elements; Pearlized Enamel Effects (red on berries); Adhesive Sheets; Silver-Threaded Twine; dimensionals; glue dots; Multi-purpose Glue
retired:  small heart punch
non-Stampin' Up! supplies:  Wooden Sled Ornament from Dollar Tree
 
I hope you have a SPECIAL SATURDAY!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment