Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lots to Celebrate with hearts!

Yay.......I love my 'Lots to Celebrate' stamp set!!  Today I'm sharing a fun fold card using it with the hearts spilling out of it!  This is a totally 'Susie card'!

I used some NEW 2020 August-December (Holiday) Catalog products on this card-
  • 'Lots to Celebrate' stamp set
  • Heartwarming Hugs DSP
  • Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder
  • Real Red Braided Linen Trim
I added a punched out Jar Window Sheet over the heart image.  It is hard to see in the photo, but it makes it look like glass & really cool!

How did I get the Lighter & Darker shades of hearts?  
  • I inked the heart stamp into my Real Red ink pad.
  • I stamped the hearts onto my Whisper White card stock.
  • And then WITHOUT re-inking the stamp, I moved the stamp (either up or down a little) & stamped again.  
  • This is called Shadow stamping- where you get a dark & light shade of ink, using just one ink pad! 
This is what it looks like opened up!
Notice how I added a strip of DSP to inside edge of the card.  
Here are all of the supplies & measurements so that you can make this card!  

stamp set:  'Lots to Celebrate'
card stock:
  • Basic Black- 5 1/2 x 5 1/4" for card base; 1 3/4" strip- die cut circle; 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"
  • Real Red- 4 x 9 1/4"- score at 5 1/4", fold & adhere to Basic Black card base; 3 1/2" strip- die cut scalloped square
  • Whisper White- 2 3/4" strip- stamp jar onto this & punch out with the Jar Punch; 1 1/2" strip- stamp words & die cut out; 1" strip- stamp jar lid onto this & cut out with scissors; 3x3"- stamp hearts onto & die cut out with Stitched Square die
  • Window Sheet- 2 3/4"- punch out with Jar Punch
designer paper:  Heartwarming Hugs DSP- 4 x 1"
ink:  Real Red & Black Memento
other:  Die Cutting/Embossing Machine; Stitched Shapes Dies (circle & square); Layering Square Dies; Tasteful Textures Dies (scalloped circle); Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder; Paper Snips; Jar Punch; Real Red Braided Linen Trim; dimensionals; glue dots

I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

1 comment: