Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2020

More Bonazna Buddies!

This card is sooo fun!!  And I used such a cute stamp set- 'Bonanza Buddies', to create it.  I'm sure having fun creating with this Bundle!

You can CLICK below to see a couple other cards I created with the Bonanza Buddies Bundle.
Check out this toucan.  He is an image in the Birthday Bonanza DSP!  He is actually going the opposite direction of the die.  So I used an old Stampin' Up! Light Box I had, to help me cut him out.  

Keep scrolling down to find out how I did it!
  • I plugged in the Light Box & turned it on.
  • I laid the DSP, so that the patterned side was up & & the toucan was on the underneath side.
  • I laid the die over the toucan- that I could see through the DSP, because of the light. 
  • I used some washi tape to help hold the die in place.  
  • I carefully picked up the DSP & die & placed it onto my Magnetic Plaform, on my Big Shot.
  • And I cut it out!
  •  This is what it looked like after it was cut out.
  • And I flipped it over & this is what the toucan looked like.  
  • NOTE that he had a hat on.  I cut the top part of the hat off.  Since I stamped a birthday hat to put onto him, it didn't matter that just a little bit of the hat image from the DSP was there.
ALSO:  If you do not have a light box, you can use the sun shinning through a window.  This will work, but it is just harder to get the die lined up this way, since it isn't laying on a flat surface!  But if you don't have a light box- no worries- you can still cut reverse image like this out.  

 Look at the pile of toucan's I cut out......some are facing right & some are facing left!
They they will work either direction when placing them on this card.
As this is what the finished card looks like!
Just so cute!

I used a lot of RETIRING products to make this cards:
  • 'Bonanza Buddies' stamp set
  • Bonanza Dies
  • Birthday Bonanza DSP
  • Country Club Twine Combo pack (Basic Black)
  • Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder
stamp set:'Bonanza Buddies'- RETIRING!
card stock:
  • Bermuda Bay- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 1" strip Die cut banner; 3/4" strip- stamp words onto & punch out with the Classic Label Punch
  • Daffodil Delight- 5 x 3 3/4"- emboss with Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder
  • Whisper White- 2" strip- die cut oval & stamp little pompoms on it; 1" strip- stamp birthday hat & pompom.  NOTE:  You will have to use your Paper Snips to fussy cut this out- since I attached the two images together, as one hat; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Birthday Bonanza DSP-2 1/4" strip- die cut tag. NOTE. This tag die is included in this Bonanza Dies; strip- die cut out toucan- RETIRING!
ink:  Memento; Daffodil Delight; Bermuda Bay
other:  Big Shot; Magnetic Platform; Bonanza Dies-RETIRING!; Layering Ovals Dies; Standard Platform; Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder- RETIRING!; Classic Label Punch; Country Club Basic Black Twine- 4"-RETIRING!; Paper Snips; dimensionals; Glue Dots

I hope you have a very SPECIAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. A cute birthday card, using the Bonanza Buddies Bundle!

    ReplyDelete