Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

More 'Daisy Lane'

I love punches!  And I love different folds & different techniques.  So when I'm creating I try to think outside of the box & be different.  

Check out the cute card here!!  It is made with one of my favorite stamp sets- 'Daisy Lane'!
stamp set:  'Daisy Lane' & 'Here's A Card' (Hello There words hanging on the tag)
card stock: Sahara Sand, Terracotta Tile, Whisper White

ink:  Terracotta Tile, Garden Green & Sahara Sand
other:  White Flax Ribbon, Daisy Punch, Perennial Essence Center, White Twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
This is what the inside of it looks like.  I just had to add some daisies along the bottom. 

This card is one I made for a swap I did with some Stampin' Up! friends.  I made it before the Annual Catalog had started.  So that meant that I was really limited on DSP that I could use.  I wanted something that looked like it was white washed or wood grain.  So I created out own DSP! 

Check out how I did it.  
I took my Sahara Sand ink pad & lightly drug it across my Whisper White card stock.
NOTE:  Be careful not to push too hard......you don't want much ink.  You also don't want to push too hard or drag too hard, as you could rip the foam pad part of your ink pad.  So be light & careful!  And try it out on a scrap piece of card stock first. 
 This is what they looked like.  See how none of them end up turning out exactly the same. 
Aren't all of these daisies just gorgeous!!

I think that this NEW In Color called- Terracotta is my favorite!!!  I can't wait to use it in creating fall cards!!  

I have used this layout before with this stamp set.  You can see that card by clicking below on the link:
https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2019/05/did-you-see-last-minute-flash-sale-that.html

+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids & then I worked on stamping stuff most of the night.

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to his office at the courthouse.  Can' you belive it- I have the day off today.....but I'm up early to stamp, cook, get laundry all done, bills paid, bookwork done and start packing.  Deke & I leave on Friday morning for our yearly Stampin' Up! trip!  I am SUPER EXCITED about this trip!  We are going to an amazing place that has been on my bucket list for years- a Greece cruise.  We are so looking forward to seeing our Stampin' Up! friends from afar while there.  And we are looking forward to spending the time together with each other.  

I want to take this time to "THANK EACH OF YOU" for stamping with me & allowing me to share my love of stamping with you!!  I am so blessed with the many friendships I have made over the years!  I treasure each of you & I look forward to stamping with you each month (or whenever you can make it).  I love hearing about your families & all the happening in your lives.  And I love that you know all about our family & happenings in our life too!  I NEVER dreamed that 18 years ago when I signed up to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, that I would still be stamping!!  I was just going to sign up for a little while, not even tell anyone I was selling it, buy a few things & quit.  My friend Lisa found out I was a demonstrator, I had my first workshop at her home (about a year after I signed up) & the rest is history!  Just look at me now!  I stamp every day & have lots of classes each month!  I have many customers I've met over the years that stamp with me.  And I still can't believe it.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that Stampin' Up! would be such a huge part of my (our) life.  It is such an amazing company!  Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator has opened up many doors for me & I can imagine what I'd be doing or who my friends would be- if I hadn't joined!  The yearly trips Deke & I get to go on, I earn on my personal sales.  Which that means that I earn the trips because I share & stamp with you & you order Stampin' Up! products from me!!  If it weren't for you, I wouldn't earn them.   So "THANK YOU" SOOOOO MUCH for being part of my life & for being part of my stamping journey!  You know......the first time I earned a Stampin' Up! trip was the first time Deke had been off of the farm & had a day off of work, in almost 11 years straight.  Farmers don't get to take a day off- they work 7 days a week taking care of the animals.  So if I didn't earn the Stampin' Up! trips, we'd never go anywhere & Deke wouldn't ever take a day off.  Thankfully Nathan (our Son) will be taking care of things on the farm while we are gone.......and we pray that all goes well here! 

Ok......I have lots to get done today......so I'd better run.  As tonight we will start off the 4th of July festivities in Sigourney!  The kids are in the petal tractor pull.  We'll then go to Nathan & Sarah's house for supper & Steven is going to do a fireworks display for us at dark!  We have a jam packed day today.......but we are looking forward to spending it with family!!!  

Again.....I "THANK YOU" FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART for stamping with me!!
Be sure you stop back by tomorrow as I'll be sharing a 4th of July card!  
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time on your trip to Greece! I will be anxious to see all your pictures! Safe travels...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn!!! Sending hugs! Happy 4th! Susie

      Delete