Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

A new week!!!!!

This is a quiet week for me......even though we have LOTS to do it is much calmer than my normal.

I don't have any more stamping events on my calendar until Sunday, May 5th.  Sue is my hostess that day!!  We'll just have gotten home the day before from our Stampin' UP! Disney trip.......so I'll be excited with new things to share!!!  I'll then be back in the saddle with 3 other stamping workshop that week- one at my home & one with my gals in CR.  PLUS I'll be meeting with my downline group too!!  Lots to look forward to the week we return. :)

Early next Sunday morning, April 29th- Deke, Brayden & I will be heading for our Stampin' UP! Disney trip to Orlando!!  We've never been to Disney before & to make it even more special- G'ma & G'pa are taking Brayden along this year & we will get to celebrate his 4th Birthday on May 1st- while we are there!!  He is excited to get to see Mickey & Minnie.  I honestly don't think he has a clue that there will be so much more there than just Mickey!  We have a chart & are counting down the days!  :)  Someday hopefully we'll get to return to Disney & take Brody & Drake along too!!  G'ma will miss them so much while we are gone.....gosh- I see them daily!!  I'm sure they will have changed tons those few days that we are away.

I want to thank all of my wonderful customer friends for helping me to earn this special trip!  I earned this trip based upon my yearly personal sales.  And I can't say that it was easy!!  I worked hard & held lots & lots of stamping workshops!!  If it weren't for you attending my events & ordering from me- I'd never have earned this special honor.  I treasure you all & thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I love sharing my love of stamping with each of you!!  And I look forward to seeing you at my next event & stamping!!  Stampin' UP! is an amazing company & has brought so much to my life! 

On our Stampin 'UP! trips I so look forward to seeing so many of my demonstrator friends (LeeAnn, Missy, Robin, Di, Kelly, Carol, Jane, Tiffany, Ann, Heather, Mary, Dawn, etc.)!  It will be especially special this year to see many of their families along with them.  I can't wait!!! It will be fun for Brayden to meet new friends too!  We plan to spend some time with my dear demonstrator friend Christy & her husband Keith- as this will be Christy's first SU! incentive trip (WAHOO) & her words on Saturday were that 'it will be fun to see Disney through the eyes of a child', meaning being around Brayden!!  :)  How true!!

I will hopefully be able to have internet connection while we are gone & post daily so you can keep up on us while on our trip!

We are especially grateful that Deke's sister Darci is going to be staying at our home while we are gone so that she can help her dad do our chores with the pigs & take care of my dog & cats.  Nathan usually takes care of things on the farm while we are gone, but with his job change this year at principal at Pekin it was going to be too hard from him to do them.  Thankfully he will still check in with Darci & help after school & make sure the feed is ground & things are going ok.  

Today I want to share a cool card that we did at my Spring STYC last Saturday!  This class was a techniques class.  Everyone made 29 cards!!  (WOW- YES- LOTS!!)  And they all learned something new!!  It was a FUN FILLED DAY OF STAMPING!!!


This beautiful card is the chalk board technique.  It is very striking!  There are different ways to create this look.  I did it by stamping the images with white craft ink onto black card stock, then heat dry the ink (so it doesn't smear) & using sponge daubers I tapped pastel chalks onto the images.  Too cool huh!

'Flower Fest' (retiring) &'Three Little Words' (retiring)
cs:  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
ink:  White CRAFT ink, Basic Black
supplies:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Clear Circle Bigz die, Large Scallop Circle Bigz die, Large Oval punch, Fancy Flower punch, Blossom Petals Builder punch, Basic Pearls, dimensionals

Have a great week!!!
ENJOY!
Happy Stamping!
SUSIE






1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you and hug your neck. I also think it is so much fun that you and Deke are bringing Brayden, what great memories you will be making for everyone.
    See you soon!
    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete