Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Check out this cool CROSS card!!

HI!  Wow a great week here to catch up on things.
The Lord knows I need a week like this.
I need to get a lot done.
Hopefully I get over being sick & back to normal soon.
I still am not back to myself yet.
I am not very good at not being able to go 100 mph.
I will enjoy a quiet day home today with the twins.
If it is as nice as it is suppose to be we might be able to go outside. 
I have plenty of weeds to pull, as our yard needs some attention!
And I think the boys would enjoy the fresh air & can play in their walkers on the driveway.
Every Tuesday night I'm a farmer....as we sell hogs, so I'll go out there when the twins leave.
I also helped Deke outside last night for awhile.  We sorted & moved some pigs.
Then I did work in the yard for about 1 hour before coming in to get supper. 
I just love working on our farm with Deke & being outside. 

Here is a really cool card that I did at my STYC on Saturday!
I just think it is so cool!!  
I just couldn't wait to share it with you.
This time of year we are all looking for a neat cross card for Baptisms, Weddings, 1st Communions, Confirmations or even Sympathy cards.
Pretty cool huh!!
'Blessings from Heaven'
cs:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White
other:  Typing paper- as it needs to be thin paper in order to punch through 2 layers to make the cross.
ink:  Baja Breeze
supplies:  Scallop Trim Border punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, XL Oval punch, Baja Seam Binding ribbon, dimensionals, glue dot.

NOTE:
My piece of paper that I punched the cross from measures 4 1/2" x 2 3/4".
You fold it in half long ways & then fold the top down approx. 1 1/2".
Using the scallop trim corner punch- punch on the folded corner.
Then open it up & punch the bottom of the cross with the straight scallop trim punch.
I did use just plain old white typing paper to do this so that I could punch through 2 layers at a time.
(card stock & designer paper are too think & didn't want to jam or ruin my punch)
And then I ran it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder so that the fold lines wouldn't show.
You will have to give it a try!

Have a great day!
ENJOY!
Happy Stamping!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment