Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2024

A Little Latte gift

Oh......I just love this whole A Little Latte Suite!!!
Years ago I made a similar box/cup with a different coffee stamp set.
So when I got this bundle earlier this month I just couldn't wait to make a mug.
 
Check out this cute little mug shaped box that I made a few weeks ago
for a friend & gave it to her when we were together in Houston.
See how I made a box first.
And then die cut 2 pieces of card stock layered with DSP for 
both sides of the box to make it look like a mug.
I think it turned out so cute!
Notice how I used a half circle of cardstock that was punched out of the
Decorative Circle Punch to put under the mug.
And I punched the hearts out using the Bee Builder punch!
I used the largest die from the Countryside Corners Dies 
for the mug front/back.
And I then used 2 smaller Countryside Corners Dies to make the mug handle.
Here is the pattern on how to make the box. 
*6 3/4 x 5 1/2" piece of card stock
*score on the long side at 2 3/4 & 4"
*score on the short side at 1 1/4 & 4 1/4" 
*snip the box bottom as shown on the pattern above
*use Tear & Tape to hold the box together
I also made a little gift card holder for my friend too. 
I just took an envelope, folded it in half, cut the top flap in half
with scissors & sealed only the left side- 
so that the right side would remain open
& I could slide a gift card down into.
 
You can CLICK HERE to see another envelope gift card
holder that I have posted on my blog.
This A Little Latte Suite isn't in any catalog publications.
 
Here are the supplies & measurements for the mug.
stamp set:  'Latte Love'
card stock:
  • Pecan Pie- 5 1/2 x 6 3/4"- score like shown above in the pattern to make box
  • Pecan Pie-  3 1/2 x 4" (x2)- attach DSP to this & die cut using Countryside Corners Dies, making front & bag of mug
  • Pecan Pie- 2 x 2 1/4" (x2)- die cut handle for mug
  • Pecan Pie- 2 1/2" strip- punch out Decorative Circle punch & cut in half to use 1 under the mug
  • Pecan Pie- 2" strip- die cut small banner using Countryside Corner Dies
  • Petal Pink- 1" strip- punch out 2 small hearts
  • Petal Pink- 1 1/4" strip- stamp words & punch out with larger heart
designer paper:  A Little Latte DSP-
  • Fussy cut the mug out of the DSP using scissors
  • 3 1/2 x 4" (x2)- adhere to Pecan Pie card stock & die cut using the Countryside Corners Dies, making front & back of mug
ink:  Pecan Pie
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Countryside Corners Dies; Decorative Circle Punch- RETIRING SOON; Bee Builder Punch (hearts); Adhesive Backed Swirl Dots - out of stock until approx. 4/15; Natural 3/8" Polka Dot Ribbon- out of stock until approx. 4/22; dimensionals; glue dots; Tear & Tape
 
I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment